WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

10801 - 10820 of 10951 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Thanks

The way I feel it wears smaller is in height and the weight difference, the 300 is heavier and it is obvious on the wrist, I think the MM300 looks smaller on the wrist than the MM200 due to the smaller diameter of the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now I need to get to a dealer and try both
Thanks buddy

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
V nice! How do the dial colours compare IRL? Some pics they look the same...some they look different
It’s a bit difficult to capture it in all shades, in most pictures the MM300 looks like a darker dull green and depending on the lighting it can look a bit black to, it’s in the direct sunlight it really pops with an almost circular dark green sunburst, I would say it’s a watch you have to see IRL to really appreciate it.
The MM200/SPB105 is lighter green and can’t be compared to the green of the MM300/SLA047, the 200 shows of its sunburst dial in a more typical way, I think the difference may be caused by the crystal’s different forms and the deeper housing of the MM300.
Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
688 Posts

SLA025 & SLA021

How do these two watches wear? I've had the SLA021 and it was pretty good for my wrist size/shape. I've got an SLA025 en-route and now starting to question my purchase as I've read the SLA025 wears much bigger than the SLA021

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s a bit difficult to capture it in all shades, in most pictures the MM300 looks like a darker dull green and depending on the lighting it can look a bit black to, it’s in the direct sunlight it really pops with an almost circular dark green sunburst, I would say it’s a watch you have to see IRL to really appreciate it.
The MM200/SPB105 is lighter green and can’t be compared to the green of the MM300/SLA047, the 200 shows of its sunburst dial in a more typical way, I think the difference may be caused by the crystal’s different forms and the deeper housing of the MM300.
Hope this answers your question.

Super helpful thank you!

·
Registered
802 Posts
How do these two watches wear? I've had the SLA021 and it was pretty good for my wrist size/shape. I've got an SLA025 en-route and now starting to question my purchase as I've read the SLA025 wears much bigger than the SLA021
I think they wear pretty damn similar tbh. If you can wear a SLA021 you can wear a 025!

Also, CONGRATS!! It's so, so beautiful in-person. Pics and vids don't do it justice.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Green MM200 & MM300

Reporting back on my previous inquiry...
So I went to try both at a seiko boutique here in jakarta and the 200 felt more at home on my wrist ( I also tried most seiko divers including GS ).
I was surprisingly pleased with the bezel action on the 200, crisp and smooth

The 300 was very nice too, however the thickness is substantial, maybe its something to get used to?

Both really good looking watches, and well executed

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
The bracelet arrived this morning and fitted it straight away, it certainly changes the watch for me and it makes the watch feel more balanced now .And feels very comfortable too , think I’ll leave this on the watch for a while .
View attachment 15869079 View attachment 15869080 View attachment 15869081 View attachment 15869082 View attachment 15869083
That looks super comfortable!

Is it fair to say the clasp is thinner, shorter, and sits flatter on the wrist than the OEM one does? If so, that’s ideal.

What color difference is there between metals on the coated case and the bracelet (or is there one)? Hard to tell from the pics.

Thanks and enjoy rocking it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That looks super comfortable!

Is it fair to say the clasp is thinner, shorter, and sits flatter on the wrist than the OEM one does? If so, that’s ideal.

What color difference is there between metals on the coated case and the bracelet (or is there one)? Hard to tell from the pics.

Thanks and enjoy rocking it.
I'll chime in based on my experience, as I have that same SLA023, the Angus Jubilee and a bunch of other straps for it. You are correct on all accounts, the Strapcode clasp is thinner, shorter, and sits flatter on the wrist. In fact, the OEM clasp is too long for my wrist while the Strapcode clasp fits perfectly (I even use the Strapcode clasp with my Crafter Blue rubber strap). Though the OEM clasp has the nice diver extension (micro-adjustment) that the Strapcode clasp doesn't have.

Regarding the color, the difference is minimal and not noticeable. The bracelet looks very well integrated with the watch and it looks like it's made for that watch.

For the price, it's a great bracelet, the fit for the watch is superb (very tight tolerance at the end link). The only nitpick for me is that you can tell the much lower quality in the bracelet when you handle it (comparing to the quality of the watch itself). It feels a little more flimsy, and too many rough edges. But, for that price, I think it's more than fair.

10801 - 10820 of 10951 Posts