·
Registered
2,746 Posts
interesting news, thanks

but my first impression, specially from the stressing display is <|

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Hmm, not sure. I believe this is the first model in the series, the 'civilian' version to attract the masses.

I personally would wait for other iterations, maybe something less busy and with lesser number of colors applied to the dial design. The 'B'
version looks a bit more balanced, IMO.
Thanks anyway, good to know they're into new Frogman design. It won't appeal to everyone, again IMO.

·
Registered
505 Posts
What were they thinking??!!

I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong if it looks better in the flesh though.

Too busy, too fussy from the photos.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i still wish they'd put a dive computer in the frogs.... or at least a depth sensor with logging capability. :roll:

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Cramped and crowded. Just what you don't want on a dive watch.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I like those big buttons. Very practical.

However, the display doesn't look any better than in earlier photos. How easy is that extremely busy display going to be to read underwater?

I don't like it at all. It is, in my opinion, hideously ugly. I've liked all previous incarnations (though they don't suit me), but this is an abomination. It looks cheap, plasticy, and gimmicky.

<|

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I think the standard version looks great, but assuming the traditional 25% off retail that's still >£300 GBP (€340 EUR), which is salty.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hmm Multi-Band 6 eh.. let's wait for the non-atomic version, should cost a lot cheaper.

Speaking about Multi-Band 6, don't the new GW-5000B multi-band 6 also cost a heck more expensive as well?

·
Banned
616 Posts
I dont think they will make 2 types ...atomic and non-atomic.....they will only make only make atomic to keep up wit the designs and functionality..and also the icon will not make sense in the non atomic frog ass it shows a cyborg frog wit antennae

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not sure about wheather I should go for it or not. As everybody says, the display is too busy, but I like that titaninum ring. It reminds me of the old classic DW-8200. :think:

The backcase design is cute though.:-d

·
Registered
505 Posts
Taking another look - with such a busy display its a pity they didnt use the 'eye' for the moon-phase and leave the tidegraph a little more space.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I dont think they will make 2 types ...atomic and non-atomic.....they will only make only make atomic to keep up wit the designs and functionality..and also the icon will not make sense in the non atomic frog ass it shows a cyborg frog wit antennae
There will most certainly be Atomic and non-Atomic versions. Just like it's the case with Mudman, Frogman, Gulfman, G/GW-6900 etc.

The caseback engraving will be different to reflect the difference. Noticed how atomic gw-9000 Mudman comes with a mole holding an antenna, while non-atomic g-9000 comes with a mole driving a tractor?

Atomic or not, at those prices they'll hardly be selling 1500 a month as the production numbers state in their GWF-1000 announcement. <|

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Taking another look - with such a busy display its a pity they didnt use the 'eye' for the moon-phase and leave the tidegraph a little more space.
+1

..and what's with that silly toy-looking 'G' letter in the middle of the circle? :rodekaart

1 - 20 of 82 Posts