WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Taking another look - with such a busy display its a pity they didnt use the 'eye' for the moon-phase and leave the tidegraph a little more space.
Agreed, those tiny moon phase displays have always bothered me. That's one of the things that has me so interested in the g-7900s.

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
Although I wish the display were bigger {with bigger numbers} and less cluttered, I do like it and may even buy one, hopefully from someone who doesn't like the busy display in person :).

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have to admit to liking this one a lot...

I'm not a diver though so I do see where the "cluttered" arguement stems from.

However, for me, this will be a watch I wear on Holiday mainly so I know I can go diving if I decide to etc. For that type of use it sounds perfect as it features world time which the main thing I wanted on the current Frogman.

I think the design will grow on most people and no-one's seen it in the flesh yet... they always tend to look better on your wrist at the end of the day.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Well, it will definitely get your attention. But in terms of looks...it hasn't really grown on me yet. :think:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I like it - it's got the same colour scheme as my GW-6900 which I really like.

Then again, I never have liked the original Frogmen.... this is the first one I'm even vaguely attracted to!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Be careful what you ask for :roll::roll: Just go back over this last year and look at all the posts saying that folks were waiting for an atomic frog. I was never in a hurry and this is what we get a sort of Riseman at least that is what it reminds me of. I think it has lost a lot of the Frog persoality. Why not just get the G7900 and save all that money :-s o|

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
There's an atomic G-7900?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
At almost 800 Canadian this WILL be the most expensive G I ever owned...

I liked it sine I've seen photos on Baselworld.

Everything else is usless and academic if you know you like the G...

Will post pics when it arrives at the end of Sept. ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
There's an atomic G-7900?
No atomic that I know of. I cant copy and past but would like to see a side by side comparison with the new busy frog and the G7900 I think there are a lot of simularities. It might be just me but I see the new from and the G7900 kind of like the old frog and the G2300. You cant beat the G2300's value.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I will regret it if I don't have the first atomic frog. So I will buy it and will post you a wrist shot though I don't really like the dial design.;-)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Very cool!! Gonna have to start saving up, I really like this one. Both models are sharp!!:-!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like the 8200 inspired design and would love to own one. Pretty tough price point though. A show stopper for many of us I'm sure. I'll have to see it on Wah's wrist first.

Ben

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
GWF-1000 ... GWF-1000B
kudos sibe for ultra fast forum reporting yet again. thank you! and we've got to give some props to sjors, who found these list prices on a japanese blog some time ago. prices which, for better or worse, were correct!

Speaking about Multi-Band 6, don't the new GW-5000B multi-band 6 also cost a heck more expensive as well?
the gw-5000b is a premium price due to its iconic nature (like this frog), dlc, and construction. take a look at the sleeper hit that is the gwm850 and see that multiband 6 isn't necessarily expensive.

..and what's with that silly toy-looking 'G' letter in the middle of the circle?
likely a received indicator. i wouldn't mind skipping this indication on the home screen and using the whole eye for a moon graph.

so the day nears. the day of the atomic frog! what a wonderful caseback, first of all. wouldn't all the 'master' caseback characters make a cool t-shirt- or zany anime? those buttons, yes those lovely pushers! good work on that. the two faux screws on top face, always pet peeves of mine, remain- old timers are comforted. ;-)

there's so much writing on this watch, so much for the eye to scan. they could have used the entire tide/lunar area for a silencer-style bar graph tide, and used the eye for moonphase. notice the introduction of dlc- fabulous. but it seems to me the 'vital stats' memo data feature is dropped.

i've only known frogs as limited editions. how will this change the playing field, having 'standard issue' frogmen? relatively speaking, how prolific is a production of 1500 a month? for reference, i see the last frog's emission is listed along with the other three 'love the sea / earth' as simply '13,000'.

so let's put it plainly. let's say the exchange rate in two months is similar to today's. let's say seiya charges a similar price off list as he does for the gw5000b. that translates to $735 usd for the black version. i'm not sure we can call that price 'stunning' after seeing the latest mrgs, but i know i'm left gasping for air. even the 'plain' version is more than twice the price of the friendly gw-200 kermit. this is... bold on casio's part. and for a watch who's module looks familiar if not hodgepodged.

i'm undecided on the watch, excited to see this model live and its future editions, and anxious about casio's g-shock strategy- all at once!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm not sure if it is titanium... I'm sure they would advertize this "precious" metal, but there's not a single word about it in the press release.
You're right. I just heard from a guy in japan and he says it's aluminum. Too bad. I remember when dw-8200 was first released casio stress so hard on it's made of titaninum. And it's a nice feature to keep on.:-(

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can't believe Casio are going ahead with this 'design' :-s

This has the capability of undoing all the credibility earned from all the hard work put into establishing the Frogman brand over the last 15 years.

Crazy :-(

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I'm not sure if it is titanium... I'm sure they would advertize this "precious" metal, but there's not a single word about it in the press release.
I'd bet they'd keep it titanium. Most certainly isn't steel since at that size it would be well over 200g. Al pits pretty easily in salt water, and the shiny bezel ring on older Frogs are part of the case itself. Casio prob. just left the word "titanium" off the front and stuck it on the caseback. I guess we'll know better within the next month or so. :)

Kev

21 - 40 of 82 Posts