WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2701 - 2720 of 2743 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hi,

I am looking to get an MM200, the SPB077 or SPB083 versions. What are the prices on the pre-owned market? I am following the different online selling platforms, but I found the prices are quite high, compared with the brand new price €850-€900.
Managed to find a good offer in my price range for the Great Blue Hole version on eBay and got it yesterday. The watch is 8 months old only and in perfect condition. I am quite pleased with the quality you get for the price and it brings me closer to become a Seiko fan. It only needs an integrated rubber strap for the summer ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Let's get a wrist shot of the new clasp on wrist.
Something like this? The size of the clasp doesn't line up perfectly with the length of the link and it's a bit taller than the stock one, but it's not something that's noticeable while wearing it. Opens up more than what's pictured, it's a mm300 clasp.

I have one of these clasps in steel and one in titanium.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's a chonky clasp but a really good one. Have one on my SBBN031 Tuna's stock bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Without its metal bracelet, the sharp lug ends have always bothered me every now and then. Has anyone found a rubber strap (waffle/tropic) that is thick enough to be level with those sharp lugs when worn?

·
Registered
11,405 Posts
Without its metal bracelet, the sharp lug ends have always bothered me every now and then. Has anyone found a rubber strap (waffle/tropic) that is thick enough to be level with those sharp lugs when worn?
I felt the same. The closest I got was the stock rubber or failing that the Scurfa rubber.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's not a tropic/waffle strap, but I've been using the Magnum Isofrane-style strap from Ute Watch Co. (formerly ToxicNATOS).

I haven't measured it myself, but according to the store page, it measures 5mm thick at the lug end, and tapers to 3.5mm thick, so thicker than a lot of other straps on the market. I think they're sold out at the moment, and apparently Ute Watch Co. will be shutting down/going on hiatus soon. Borealis also sell an Isofrane style strap that is incredibly similar to mine (possibly from the same supplier).

·
Registered
505 Posts
Borealis and Toxicnatos/Ute Watch Co. Magnum straps are amazing. I think I have like 7 of them in multiple colors and lug sizes. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
972 Posts
Beautiful watch, is it possible to buy the bracelet for blue bezel?
Honestly, the Seiko bracelet is outrageous in price. You can however buy a Strapcode oyster or jubilee. Both though will slightly differ from the watch case, since the case has Diashield. Also the endlinks won't accept original 2.5 mm Fat Bars. Instead it takes 2.0 mm Fat Bars - someone really stuffed up there. You'll have to source 2.0mm spring bars with 1.1 or 1.2 mm tips which isn't easy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Since we're on the topic of such, I recently took the plunge and purchased the OEM bracelet for my SPB079. I must say, it fits quite nicely on my roughly 6.8 inch wrist (even with the protruding endlinks). And I like that the bracelet links are a bit chunkier than your standard oyster bracelet, to match the heft of the watch head. Not sure if its 250 AU$ nice, but I definitely wasn't going to get a Strapcode, I think the difference in the metal tone would've bugged me.

2701 - 2720 of 2743 Posts