WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3061 - 3080 of 3106 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Anyone else notice a slight discoloration on theirs? It's very hard to capture in photos and only presents itself in certain lighting. Generally it has been more of a gold tone on the top side of the case flanks but I recently noticed the blue hint just to the 6 o'clock side of the crown. It's doesn't appear to wash off with soap and water or wipe off with a microfiber.

Being a discoloration my only thought is maybe the DiaShield is wearing somehow. Could contact once or twice a day with isopropyl alcohol (at work) and 14 months of incidental contact with hand sanitizer be the culprit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep same here man, thats one of the reason i had to sell the watch cant stand it. it even discolor the bezel as well.
is anyone here have the problem to solved it?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yep same here man, thats one of the reason i had to sell the watch cant stand it. it even discolor the bezel as well.
is anyone here have the problem to solved it?
Hmm interesting. It doesn’t bother me enough I’d sell and it hasn’t affected my bezel at all but I am genuinely curious as to the cause. The rough part is I wouldn’t even to attempt to polish it off because of the DiaShield so it’s gonna stay that way. Glad to hear I’m not the only one though.

I’m no expert but I can’t imagine this being anything but the DiaShield because the watch is “stainless” steel. Hopefully someone else has more insight!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Green MM200 (SPB105) in the garden on green waffle FKM rubber strap, moving the lawn together with my son.

I’m not seeing any discoloration on mine yet, and if I do I think I’ll just get the watch polished and see how that goes.

Sent from a place on Earth, telling time on my 7.48 inch wrist.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I’m not seeing any discoloration on mine yet, and if I do I think I’ll just get the watch polished and see how that goes.
Great looking watch! Glad to hear of no discolouration. Unfortunately, with the DiaShield coating I don’t think a traditional polish will work. It would simply polish off the DiaShield leaving the appearance worse than before, and that therein, is where the problem lies.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Great looking watch! Glad to hear of no discolouration. Unfortunately, with the DiaShield coating I don’t think a traditional polish will work. It would simply polish off the DiaShield leaving the appearance worse than before, and that therein, is where the problem lies.
Thanks

Thankfully it’s a problem for something that hasn’t occurred yet.

Sent from a place on Earth, telling time on my 7.48 inch wrist.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My SPB077 has been settling in nicely, timekeeping-wise. I don’t keep exact track to keep myself from being too OCD but I would say it’s running 5 to 10 seconds fast per day, which I’m satisfied with. Wearing it on an Uncle Seiko waffle strap, which is a great match for it in looks and fit.

·
Registered
927 Posts
My SPB077 has been settling in nicely, timekeeping-wise. I don’t keep exact track to keep myself from being too OCD but I would say it’s running 5 to 10 seconds fast per day, which I’m satisfied with. Wearing it on an Uncle Seiko waffle strap, which is a great match for it in looks and fit.
Pics!! I always love to see this bad boy on a waffle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hoarding. After trying out a couple of Sumos, MM300's, SLA025, SLA043, I feel that these are my favorite Seiko divers. I love the case shape, the proportions, looks, size, everything, even the bracelet. The one on top left was my first Seiko, and when I was getting that the rest in this picture were my alternatives. I then went with the SPB097, and that started the whole watch thing for me. I decided to collect the original alternatives, and here we are:

3061 - 3080 of 3106 Posts