WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2871 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think that this two incredible watches need their own official thread.

Here some images and the official specs:

Brand, Seller, or Collection Name: Seiko
Model number: SARB033
Dial window material type: Sapphire glass
Clasp: Deployment Clasp
Case material: Stainless steel
Case diameter: 37 millimeters
Case Thickness: 11.2 millimeters
Band Material: Stainless
Band length: Men's Standard
Band width : 19 millimeters
Band Color Stainless
Special features Case Size: 43mm × 40mm, 10 ATM water resistant,
Item weight 4.80 Ounces
Water resistant depth 100 Meters

Caliber Seiko 6R15C

sarb2.jpg

sarb3.jpg

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Band Color Stainless
Item weight 4.80 Ounces

Caliber Seiko 6R15C

View attachment 3315874

View attachment 3315882

View attachment 3315890
Thanks for starting this thread, long overdue IMO. Couple things I'd like to point out:

The first pic you've posted looks to be the SCVS003 from the Spirit line that preceded the SARBs. The SCVS band has apparently been swapped for the SARB oyster style. The dial differs from the SARB in the type of script used near 6:00 and its chapter ring is printed directly on the dial as opposed to being an independent element. Also, the true case diameter should read 38 millimeters, not 37. Lug width is also 20mm, not 19.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right, thanks for pointing it out. I'm from my mobile now, tomorrow I will correct the first image. Thanks and keep this thread active.
It is very annoying to see dozens of thread talking about the same watch, an official thread is good for all generic talking about this two jewels.

·
Registered
167 Posts
SARB033 just arrived on Monday, beautiful fit & finish (perfect watch to wear with jeans & casual wear). I need to post some pics.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

Band Color Stainless
Item weight 4.80 Ounces

Caliber Seiko 6R15C

View attachment 3315882

View attachment 3315890

As brother noenmon pointed out to me here https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/how-accurate-your-seiko-6r15c-1680922-2.html regarding my watch, your second picture is a 6R15B rather than 6R15 C as shown on the rota.

So my Sarb033 is a 6R15 B - I thought that they all were. Im not sure how important this is? Can anyone say what the difference is between the two ?

Also not clear on the special features that you list ie case size 43mm x 40 mm - as you have listed above the case diameter is 37mm!? (or possinbly 38 mm)

Mine is currently with Seiko UK for regulation / service - Im just waiting to hear back on the cost for either.

My Sarb033

2014-10-28 08.25.02.jpg

2014-09-28 13.44.31.jpg

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone say what the difference is between the two ?
The general consensous on the net says:
6R15B vs 6R15C

1) Modify ratchet sliding spring
2) Modify date indicator maintenance plate
3) New balance wheel
4) New barrel (utilizing the SPRON510 mainspring)

Looked carefully, adding jewel and modify ratchet spring are all related to upgrading of barrel (to higher power reserve, so higher torque). Modify date plate is due to widely complains of date misalignment. SII upgraded balance wheel might aim to increase long term stability. The previous 6R15 all have difficulty maintain long term (1-2years) stability in accuracy."

I'm not sure if this info are 100% correct, hope that someone else can be more precise.

Also not clear on the special features that you list ie case size 43mm x 40 mm - as you have listed above the case diameter is 37mm!? (or possinbly 38 mm)

Mine is currently with Seiko UK for regulation / service - Im just waiting to hear back on the cost for either.
I don't have a caliber but on my Seiko box is written 37mm.

Please inform us if you will calibrate you watch and how good it will be after the regulation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am considering buying the SARB035. It seems like the best prices on Rakuten are around $260/270 + shipping (because JPY has moved lower). Any thoughts on buying on Rakuten versus from Seiya/Chino?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I bought mine there, and it took about a week from Japan to NY, very smooth transaction and unbelievable price for such a gorgeous watch.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I am considering buying the SARB035. It seems like the best prices on Rakuten are around $260/270 + shipping (because JPY has moved lower). Any thoughts on buying on Rakuten versus from Seiya/Chino?
Personally, I'd buy from one of the big three before using Rakuten. I know the way Seiya ships you won't have to pay custom fees...not sure on the other two (Chino, Higuchi). Buy the seller. Can't say this enough when purchasing from outside of your own country. Imagine the watch comes with a dead movement. Now what? I know exactly what would happen if I used one of the big three. I have no idea what would happen to you and your Rakuten purchase though. To be fair, I've never bought through Rakuten, but the "Big Three" earned their reputation for a reason...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One pretty much has all situations covered with a combo like this.
I love my monster/spirit combo but I need to upgrade my second gen monster with a third gen.
I'm waiting to see it on Amazon because I don't want to buy from Japan, I like to have the possibility to return the watch
in case the accuracy is not good enough or there is some imperfection on the dial.

1 - 20 of 2871 Posts