WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3181 - 3200 of 3241 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thinking of picking up a sailcloth strap for my SARB033, and am debating the black with grey stitching, or black with black stitching. Does anyone have any pics of the latter with the SARB? Seems like everyone who went with sailcloth chose contrasting stitching.

·
Registered
346 Posts
After 6 months, this bad boy is back on wrist. Can’t believe the run-up in price on eBay and Chrono24 since then. What the h*ll is going on?

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
After 6 months, this bad boy is back on wrist. Can’t believe the run-up in price on eBay and Chrono24 since then. What the h*ll is going on?

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk
I bought this one four years ago as a retirement gift for a friend but fortunately he had an eye for divers so I got him a Zelis instead.

I decided to keep it for myself. Best decision I made that year. I've been wearing it steadily for the last few days.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Both of yours appear to have male end links... are you both using strapcode bracelets? If so, I’d love your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
14,750 Posts
Thinking of picking up a sailcloth strap for my SARB033, and am debating the black with grey stitching, or black with black stitching. Does anyone have any pics of the latter with the SARB? Seems like everyone who went with sailcloth chose contrasting stitching.
Never put a sail cloth on mine, but I owned a 33 for years (35 now). I have sailcloth on multiple watches, including black/black and black/gray. The NTH I wore this afternoon is on black/black.

I would advise all black for the 33. It could dress it up if desired, but black sailcloth (instead of leather) can pull off casual wear.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Both of yours appear to have male end links... are you both using strapcode bracelets? If so, I’d love your thoughts.
Yes, I am using the Strapcode Super-O Boyer. It is a far better bracelet than the Seiko bracelet. It feels more substantial. It is little heavier and more solidly constructed. The 033 looks and feels like a more expensive watch and the Strapcode enhances that. I am so glad that I bought it. Plus, it is good to know that I am preserving the OEM bracelet.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes I bought both the Jubilee and oyster models since I also own an 035 and that one is sporting the Jubilee.

I'm not usually a fan of the polished center links, but these have held up pretty well with limited wear. We'll see how they look after a few months or steady wear.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I’ve always been a bracelet guy myself but I got this strap included when bought another watch so I just thought.. hey I should give the sarb a try since it’s 20mm.
And now I’m here on this thread again to collect some strap ideas haha.

Have to agree that a different strap can really change the way the watch looks and gives so much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I’ve got it down to being about plus 1 during the day and face up at night. If I put it crown up it looses about 7.

Took a lot of trial and error, and I love to make it a tick faster, but I prob won’t fuss with it now.

It’s such a versatile piece.

Hey mate, great combo! What’s the strap on this one? Mine looks similar but I’d like to have the deployant.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Hey mate, great combo! What’s the strap on this one? Mine looks similar but I’d like to have the deployant.

FWIW, I’ve swapped these $11 aftermarket deloyants in for the standard buckle on many a leather strap, to good effect :)

iStrap Stainless Steel Deployment Clasp Buckle Fasten Gold Black Silver Rose Gold Watchband Clasp Color & Width (10mm,12mm,14mm,16mm,18mm,20mm 22mm):

Reactions: B.Boston

·
Registered
470 Posts

It’s a B&R strap that I added a iStrap butterfly to as @ck2k01 ; already mentioned.

I actually returned it probably a day or two after that. I guess I prefer the single bend deployants like Omega and Tag style. I’ve tried butterfly’s a few times and the combo with the straps just never quite sat right.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
It’s a B&R strap that I added a iStrap butterfly to as @ck2k01 ; already mentioned.

I actually returned it probably a day or two after that. I guess I prefer the single bend deployants like Omega and Tag style. I’ve tried butterfly’s a few times and the combo with the straps just never quite sat right.

Those single fold deployant clasps (à la Omega or Tag) are mighty comfy.

I tried this (gotta love Amazon) to good effect.

Though installation on the strap I used it with was a bit more involved because of a fixed leather keeper. I ended up cutting the keeper off; I then superglued the strap down where the keeper came out of a little slot.

Also worth noting is that some sharp edges on this clasp proved a bit rougher on my leather strap.

Finally, this adds a little vertical bulk under the wrist.

But the overall comfort (plus just curiosity) made it all worth it for me. Of course, other’s mileage may vary.

16-18-20mm Deployment Buckle Band Clasp Compatible with Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Strap

(Regrets, the pictures aren’t of my SARB033 )

Reactions: justin33
3181 - 3200 of 3241 Posts