WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3201 - 3220 of 3241 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love the SARBs and it kind of blows my mind no other big brand, or Seiko themselves, has released something similar enough to make us all happy. Dressy/sporty, simple, under 40mm diameter, under $500. Seriously there's nothing else that scratches the itch for me under $1000.

The Tissot Gentleman comes very close but at 40mm it's just not the same. I swear if they made a 36, 37, or 38mm Gentleman it would come close to SARB levels of hype. Doubt it ever happens though.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I love the SARBs and it kind of blows my mind no other big brand, or Seiko themselves, has released something similar enough to make us all happy. Dressy/sporty, simple, under 40mm diameter, under $500. Seriously there's nothing else that scratches the itch for me under $1000.

The Tissot Gentleman comes very close but at 40mm it's just not the same. I swear if they made a 36, 37, or 38mm Gentleman it would come close to SARB levels of hype. Doubt it ever happens though.
I’m interested in the new Christopher ward c63 Sealander collection.

Not exactly the same price point at the SARBs, but not too bad either.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I’m interested in the new Christopher ward c63 Sealander collection.

Not exactly the same price point at the SARBs, but not too bad either.
Those are definitely nice, really great release from them. They come really close to scratching that itch. I've learned recently I'm not a big fan of when date windows look like they're just a cut out in the dial like that. If there's gonna be a date window I want it to be framed in some way.

If they make a no-date version I'll definitely consider one.

·
Registered
346 Posts

I also like the Gentleman from Tissot, but like you the size holds me back.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If Seiko would just make a 37mm SARX055, I would throw my money at them without delay. I wouldn't complain about price, I'd just fork it over, sell 90% of my other watches, and wear it almost every day. I love everything about that watch except 40+ mm. Maybe someday...

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Put the 033 on Uncle Seiko tropic and love the results! Also, it was raining a bit today so don't mind the water on the lense.

sorry :)

Reactions: Snaggletooth

·
Registered
675 Posts

I know these aren't to everyone's taste and it's currently out of stock but I did consider this before I was able to get hold of my SCVS. I agree on the Tissot, I would definitely have gone for one if it was smaller.

·
Registered
167 Posts
View attachment 15867027
I know these aren't to everyone's taste and it's currently out of stock but I did consider this before I was able to get hold of my SCVS. I agree on the Tissot, I would definitely have gone for one if it was smaller.
Those are a good deal but personally I can't get over that awful logo. I know it's just a logo. But in my opinion it's very cheap looking and I wouldn't want to see it every time I look at my watch.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Those are a good deal but personally I can't get over that awful logo. I know it's just a logo. But in my opinion it's very cheap looking and I wouldn't want to see it every time I look at my watch.
I agree, would look so much better with just Islander in the same font as Automatic

Reactions: jrippens

·
Registered
211 Posts

I agree. And the thing is, there will be fewer and fewer new watches cased under 40mm because bigger diameter is “modern size” and apparently, is what people gravitate toward these days.

I have a small wrist so there are too many watches that I would love to have only if they were a tad smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
I agree. And the thing is, there will be fewer and fewer new watches cased under 40mm because bigger diameter is “modern size” and apparently, is what people gravitate toward these days.

I have a small wrist so there are too many watches that I would love to have only if they were a tad smaller.

Have some hope. The pendulum seems to be swinging the other way these last couple of years. I hold out hope that Seiko will follow suit and shrink a few of their mid to high-end dressier watches, or offer smaller versions alongside the 40+ mm ones.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Have some hope. The pendulum seems to be swinging the other way these last couple of years. I hold out hope that Seiko will follow suit and shrink a few of their mid to high-end dressier watches, or offer smaller versions alongside the 40+ mm ones.
I hope so. There are probably half a dozen watches I would love to own if they were 38mm instead of 40mm or 42mm.

·
Registered
675 Posts

I agree this seems to be the case for the big brands. It's the microbrands that seem to be listening to what the collectors actually want. The likes of VAER, Lorier, Cincinnati Watch, Islander, Traska etc are all doing 36-38mm. Maybe the big hitters should take a leaf out of their books!

Reactions: justin33
3201 - 3220 of 3241 Posts