WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Is it strange that I'm thinking about selling most of my collection....not any GS!!! and replacing with 2 more SMP 300m....just to have 3 different colors and not have any other modern divers?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I'm the same. It's either a small collection of say lower end divers with history and a few micros, or the new SMP. If I had the SMP and wore others it'd feel like I'm neglecting it. Currently looking at the new white/black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
I owned the Blue-dial SMP a while back, and sold it to buy my speedy. And then the white-dial came to my conscientiousness, and I realized I would have to get it someday.

It is not the perfect watch (is there one?), but I am quite enamored with it. I love the accuracy and stability of the movement. It's very comfortable on the wrist--I have the rubber strap, and the bracelet (which I loved when I had the blue-dial) is on order. The bezel is tight, as has been highlighted many times by others, but I've gotten used to it quickly. It also seems to have loosened up a bit. The skeleton hands are neither super great nor bothersome. It's very legible in essentially all lighting conditions. As others have also pointed out, the lume is dimmer than many other divers after several hours, though I absolutely love the blue-ish color.

I have several divers, but have realized recently that I'm moving toward consolidation in higher-quality pieces rather than having a larger number of lower quality pieces. I do not have a limited budget, but I can relate to both approaches. I would favor owning the SMP over several other divers in its place. The quality is exceptional.
Thanks for your insights. I recently consolidated, but have bought a couple recently. There are some good interest free deals on the new SMP, with a reasonable initial deposit the monthly payments are reasonable. I didn't think I'd look at another higher end watch again, but the new SMP in white looks great and different to my previous one in blue. I also like that it's 42mm. Food for thought! With the new Seamaster I'd have eight watches (my max), still a smallish collection compared to some. Enjoy the watch

·
Registered
409 Posts
Great comments from above. My collection is freakishly large and out of control....and it's time for the fire sale. I've just been to lazy to post. But since I know what I'm looking at now, it shouldn't be hard once they start going.

I'm looking at the the GS SBGN003 to start (I've wanted one since I became aware of GS..especially the 001 but now they are averaging 5k so 003).
The white SMP will follow, especially since they are finally carrying it at the AAFES Exchange.

There are just so many to go at, just when I think I'm happy with my collection, off we go again! It can be a hassle selling, but necessary to fund future purchases and also to ensure the watches that remain are put to good use and are worn regularly enough

·
Registered
409 Posts
Pleased to have finally got my hands on the 2254.50.00 SMP, been waiting patiently for the right one to come along. Full set and in mint condition. Much prefer this to the 2500 SMP in blue that I owned previously, particularly the tapering bracelet. This is for my 50th...for my 60th I’m aiming for the new 42mm!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Great pickup! Pick up the updated smp on the fly clasp (couple on watch recon right now) and it becomes the perfect daily driver.
Thanks, I love it! I really fancy the 42mm in black to have two different generation wave dials, but it’s having the disposable isn’t it. Or white, for something different.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The three Omegas! Feel very lucky to have these in my small collection, including a 1979 vintage Geneve. Mine doesn’t have the Seamaster logo on the case back, but I believe some did come with this. 2254 is on a Hirsch Buffalo quick release strap in black. Also works with the brown next to it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Where did you source this and what is the model number. I've wanted an Omega mesh for mine, but only knew of the titanium

Or you could look at Staib mesh bracelets. I have the 20mm that tapers down to 18mm, quick release for £30. It’s top quality. They do more expensive mesh bracelets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts