WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Thanks to exelonman, I just joined the club with this Omega Seamaster Pro 300M SMP 2531.80 Blue Bond Full Size 41mm. It's my first high end / luxury watch and I love it!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I did the same thing! First luxury watch purchased from the same person.....still have it and is by far my favorite. Wear it in good health, it's a great watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is definitely my favorite - wears completely different than any watch I've owned. I don't ever see it leaving my ownership!

Reactions: mousekar75

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I had my heart set on a speedmaster but then I came across a lightly used PO Liquid metal. Checks all the boxes, and seems like it really is a limited edition compared to some other Omega offerings. So I guess the argument is should I go for a new Moonwatch or grab the nearly new LM? About the same price give or take.
I do like the idea of the LM being more waterproof and having a sapphire crystal.
I'm no expert, but, if I was given the choice, I'd personally go with the PO and get the Moonwatch later. I love the look of the PO's - heck, most any SMP looks awesome, to me. Moonwatch seems more nostalgic due to the history - not a horrible looking watch....just not my first one to grab. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: cybercat

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Looks like there's something wrong with the thread when you use the web browser. Fine with Tapatalk .

And I can see your two posts in Tapatalk .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'm on the web version (non-Tapatalk) and can see both the original and the new one just fine. Been there last two days from what I've seen.

Reactions: Zeroedout

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Thoughts of the 2254 on a Milanese? I like the omega shark tooth mesh, but not the price. I know it's more rugged and this is more dressy. I don't think it's absolutely horrible, but what do you guys think?

I think it's a personal preference....I would not use a mesh/Milanese strap on any Omega. It just doesn't seem to go with it, to me. I much prefer the SS bracelet that came with it. To me, it just sticks out like a sore thumb. Just personal preference.

Reactions: ILiveOnWacker

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

I like that strap on that reference! I favor the black and red color combo regardless, but it makes that black SMPc's red pop!

Reactions: carfanatic991

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Got my new SMPc 36.25mm in black today. Here are some first photos of it on my wrist and a comparison shot with my DJ36. :-d

View attachment 14514843
VERY nice addition to your watch collection! To me, to compare the SMPc to the DJ36 is like comparing apples to bananas - a better comparison would be to a 36 Omega Aqua Terra like this: https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-mid-size-chronometer-25045000

I know it might be to show size difference between two 36's from different manufacturers, but it just appears to me that Aqua Terra would be a straight up, head to head comparative style and size watch.

All that said, I really love that SMPc - deep blacks, nice ceramic nick resistant bezel, applied logo and indices and of course the signature bond style bracelet....they just make for a gorgeous watch!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Is it strange?

I went to my local AD. He was going to price match a very special price I saw at "The Exchange" website. That's the military exchange and you can shop there online as a veteran. The going rate 4 times this year for a brand new seamaster on sale is $3097. No tax....its the military.

Anyway, long story short, my AD misread the price lol. No worries. I decided I could wait for another sale.

But, when I tried on the new Seamaster, I didn't get the..."finally the grail watch" feel. I felt it was a little bulky and a little too big.

I had my 93 Seamaster (Bond) on at the time and the size and feel difference were substantial.

When I left the store there was no sadness as it didn't matter on the price because I wasn't wowed enough with the watch on wrist to look forward to buying one anymore.

I decided then I'll start looking for a mint condition automatic of the one I already have.

My wife went with me that day and has supported my watch purchases. She even said later....she didn't really care for the new version, she likes the older style.

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I've got the older Bond 2531.80 and PO 2201.51 because of the same thing. Yes, those new styles look crisp and have some sharp lines and house the newer movements, but, to your point, they do feel a bit bulky and thick. I like a watch that is 41-42mm or greater, but to me, some of the newer references sit higher on the wrist and carry some bulk to them. They can be big without being that noticeable...just like the Bond and PO older references I own. I've thought about stopping by the AD to try on some of the new ones coming out but you are just confirming that Omega continues to head down the more bulky path.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Black dial on Erika's MN

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
YES!! My favorite color combo - black and red! That is fantastically beautiful and perfect! Love it!!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

I just love the look of this reference! Wow! I thought I was good with the ones I have but it appears I'm going to have to secure one of these....just spectacular!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Quick drive to the supermarket..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
OOOOO!! Very nice combination of car and watch! Love it!

Reactions: thxv009
1 - 20 of 42 Posts