WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2301 - 2320 of 11974 Posts

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
I am sorry. 'Useless' was certainly not the idea I wanted to convey. Just was looking forward to getting card since the day I got my SMP.
No apology needed at all. Great to see the true excitement flowing through from a new SMP owner!!

Anyway, I took the liberty of 'shopping your card to reflect the current year. I hope thats alright. If anyone wants, they could use this.

Thank you again! Cheers

View attachment 1299896
And I thank you for doing so. Great stuff!

·
Registered
425 Posts

Any idea about this piece that was left behind by my dad?

Is fully gold plated and I have no idea how to give it a more modern twist so that I will wear it out.

Is a waste for it to be just lying around.
Any suggestion from the gurus here will be much appreciated!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Wow. Beauty. Can I ask for a link for the strap? I have the same watch. :)
Here's me thinking, why did I not think of that.. I'd sugest that it is the rubber from a PO. Looks great, and although I own the 2254, I have never been all that impressed by the feel (stiffness) of the PO Rubber. Panerai rubber on the other hand, now that is smooth, and soft.
Regardless, I'm going to try the combo out. Thanks PicklePussy! Oops ? p...possy!" Freudian slip..

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Just got my seamaster 2531.80.....
I knew one day I would feel it. Regret. And your photo lastshotkid aroused that emotion. I've ever only sold 2, and now ever only regretting selling two! :-d

Looks like you have a nice collection/taste happening there. Nearly as many watches as post though? :-d:-d

The 2531.80 is a dream to wear. Congrats..

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Wearing a new oldie today

Perhaps the only Omega watch that I do not own, (semantics rather than bragging) that I am envious of. That would look so sweet on my wrist. (I'm thinking better? or nearly as nice as? my 2254.50?) hmmmm? Regardless, Second time, I love it! |>:p

·
Registered
928 Posts
Here's me thinking, why did I not think of that.. I'd sugest that it is the rubber from a PO. Looks great, and although I own the 2254, I have never been all that impressed by the feel (stiffness) of the PO Rubber. Panerai rubber on the other hand, now that is smooth, and soft.
Regardless, I'm going to try the combo out. Thanks PicklePussy! Oops ? p...possy!" Freudian slip..
Be careful. There are two very similar looking straps - one for the PO and one for the SMP 300M. Apparently they are different and not interchangeable.

The SMP 300M such as 2254.50 takes strap 98000085

The PO takes strap 98000144

Omega Rubber Deployment Buckle and Clasp Straps

If you look closely there is a subtle difference - the 300M strap has larger holes taking a 10mm tongue on the buckle whereas the holes on the PO strap are smaller, taking a 7mm tongue on the buckle.

Hope that helps

2301 - 2320 of 11974 Posts