WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

8401 - 8420 of 8490 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thank you!

That is the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer 41mm. This particular reference is the 233.30.41.21.01.001...steel on steel. There are many different references available in addition to this one. There are steel, gold, two tone, titanium, and platinum models available. All are available on a matching bracelet or a leather strap. There is also the Limited Edition Spectre model which comes steel on steel or steel on a "Bond" NATO strap. The Spectre model also differs slightly from this model in that it has a lollipop seconds hand; a bi-directional, 12 hour scale bezel; and an all brushed bracelet as opposed to the one with polished centre links on the regular models.

All these references can still be viewed on the OMEGA website. The Spectre Edition however, being a Limited Edition, can be viewed but is no longer available. The regular references should be in the showcase of any OMEGA Boutique or Authorized Dealer and available for viewing and purchase.

Thanks again for the compliment, and I hope this has answered some of your questions.

Best,

Rene
I thought that this reference was the closest, when I looked for it on the website...but there seems to be 2 differences. 1. On the website, the black dial seems textured/grainy like some call black sand. When you look at one of their enlarged pictures, you can really tell. But yours in your picture looks more like a polished black, even when I enlarged it.
2. On the website, the hour markers all appear to be a yellowish color that does not look appealing. But in your picture all of the hour markers appear the same white like the numbers. I really like the way yours looks. But with these 2 changes, I don't like the one they show on the website nearly as much:
I'm left kind of confused. Is there another model like yours?
Sorry to bother you and thanks so much for the help.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I thought that this reference was the closest, when I looked for it on the website...but there seems to be 2 differences. 1. On the website, the black dial seems textured/grainy like some call black sand. When you look at one of their enlarged pictures, you can really tell. But yours in your picture looks more like a polished black, even when I enlarged it.
2. On the website, the hour markers all appear to be a yellowish color that does not look appealing. But in your picture all of the hour markers appear the same white like the numbers. I really like the way yours looks. But with these 2 changes, I don't like the one they show on the website nearly as much:
I'm left kind of confused. Is there another model like yours?
Sorry to bother you and thanks so much for the help.
It's no bother at all.

The reference that you linked and my watch are one and the same.

The dial on the 300MC is definitely textured, or as you described it, grainy. When viewed in regular light and shadows, and from at least 30cm away from the eye, the texture is not noticeable. However, when sunlight hits the dial at the right angle the texture on the dial is very noticeable...especially in pictures that are enlarged.

20201109_094710.jpg

The beige coloured lume (or faux patina as some refer to it) also changes in the light. In regular, indoor lighting, or in shadows, the lume will appear beige. However, once exposed to natural light, as seen in my picture, the lume begins to charge and slowly starts to transition from beige to white. When the indices and hands appear white in natural light they will glow green and blue when brought indoors or into shadows.

Lume shot just for fun;

20190809_191744.jpg

René

·
Registered
36,573 Posts
Switch to the omega Seamaster Chrono

·
Registered
36,573 Posts
This is so cool.
Ugh, and so it begins again. The hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you very much it was my grandad’s.
Very much the sentimental piece in my collection. Good luck with the search.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
PO45 today, with my new SMP300 on its way as I type this......been looking for one for a while, finally tracked down a Canadian AD that was willing to deal!

should be here Monday!

8401 - 8420 of 8490 Posts