WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

9021 - 9040 of 9085 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I just added this beautiful Omega Seamster to my collection. I'm not now, nor have I ever been a diver. In fact, at the Naval Academy in the early 1970's where swimming tests were mandatory, I earned the nickname "The Rock" long before Dwayne Johnson did. Truth be told, I purchased this watch for a variety of aesthetic and technical reasons that make it a worthy addition to the stable.

Looks: It has great proportions, symmetry and a very masculine black / orange color scheme.
Materials and Finishes: The white gold hands stand out in stark contrast to the satin black face. The brushed ceramic bezel and case are eye popping. The scratch resistance is a nice extra
Size: I love big watches. At 45mm, this example is in my sweet spot
Movement: Caliber 9900 with master chronometer certification, anti magnetism and of course the co-axial escapement.
Price: I would happily have paid twice the purchase price for this watch. The finishes and technology are that good.

This is my first Omega. I am very impressed.

front.jpg

back.jpg

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I just added this beautiful Omega Seamster to my collection. I'm not now, nor have I ever been a diver. In fact, at the Naval Academy in the early 1970's where swimming tests were mandatory, I earned the nickname "The Rock" long before Dwayne Johnson did. Truth be told, I purchased this watch for a variety of aesthetic and technical reasons that make it a worthy addition to the stable.

Looks: It has great proportions, symmetry and a very masculine black / orange color scheme.
Materials and Finishes: The white gold hands stand out in stark contrast to the satin black face. The brushed ceramic bezel and case are eye popping. The scratch resistance is a nice extra
Size: I love big watches. At 45mm, this example is in my sweet spot
Movement: Caliber 9900 with master chronometer certification, anti magnetism and of course the co-axial escapement.
Price: I would happily have paid twice the purchase price for this watch. The finishes and technology are that good.

This is my first Omega. I am very impressed.

View attachment 15722448

View attachment 15722449
Congrats ! Beautiful!
Any wrist shots ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Lol, here we go.

Samsung S20 Ultra set to 3:4 108MP, just regular ole settings....no shutter speed adjust or anything lol.

Bluetooth phone clicker so I don't have to push a button on the phone. I have it in my watch wrist hand.

Moment phone case with Moment Macro Lens attached.

Amazon Alexa light bulb (in my living room) set to "daylight white" color.

Samsung built in photo editor (yup the standard sh** software).

Slight cropping to get the area of the photo I want and then "auto" filter.

I sat on my living room sofa and took the pics while watching TV. Lol.

I just make sure I get the right angle, focus and shot I want and then literally crop and set filter to "auto". No stand, no light filtering or anything. Just a dude sitting on the couch lol.

I give all credit to the Moment lens and the camera on the phone which is absolutely amazing. Moment makes amazing phone lenses.

I'll do a real quick example of a quick shot with this phone

1. Quick shot at same settings 3:4 108MP, no crop no filter. (The first shot had to be loaded in a lower setting as it was too big for posting lol)

2. Cropped

3 Cropped and filtered with "auto".

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

9021 - 9040 of 9085 Posts