WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

961 - 980 of 8474 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
My first omega :-!

still luming very well :-d

Great looking watch. Will always be a classic. Looks stunning on the NATO strap. Enjoy it in good health. :-!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's my PO bought today :p

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Aqua Terra 2503.33 - courtesy of WUS member Dixan.

First Omega and first nice watch - very happy with it.

Had the 'itch' for about a year and was originally thinking of getting an Air King but after seeing a mate's Omega I started looking at them too.

Saw the white/blue Aqua Terra I knew that was the one I wanted.

Probably would have been better as a mid-size on my skinny wrists but as they don't do one in this style I went for it anyway and am very glad I did.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Nice photos, J.! I think you made a great choice. It does wear pretty large b/c of the white dial and also b/c of the thin bezel. Fits your wrist perfectly, though. Try it on a dark colored strap sometime; few other watches are so dramatically transformed by a simple strap change. I miss it much these days. Glad to know it's being well cared for. More photos, please! :-!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I wanted to change the strap, is this easy to do or would you usually get it done at a watch dealer? I like it on the bracelet but it would be good to have some more options. Any tips on places to get new straps online?

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
J.,

Honestly, it is super easy once you A) get the proper tool (most here recommend the Bergeon 6767f (?) spring-bar tool) and B) practice a little, maybe on a less valuable watch. With a bit of practice, you can switch out a bracelet or strap in minutes. Many of us here sometimes change our straps more than once a day! It does get addicting.

The best thing for you to do would be to do a thorough search of this forum. There are countless old threads discussing just this topic. You can also find many threads about straps and where to purchase them. I highly recommend Hirsch straps, if you're going aftermarket. They're the best, IMO, quality wise and design wise. Hadley Roma and Di Modell also offer many great straps. In my experience, their quality lags behind Hirsch (but not by too much), but their designs are arguably even more intricate/detailed. Our own Gary (Watch Obsession) is in Wales and can probably get any Hirsch to you very quickly, especially considering your neighboring location.

Here are a few model numbers of straps I've tried or would recommend (I think they work very well with the 2503.33):

1. Hadley Roma 2022, 2021, 2010 - Nice alligator straps. (I highly recommend a medium brown/white stitching 2021 for your watch.)
2. Hirsch "Heavy Calf" (These are awesome, simple straps.)
3. Hirsch "Duke" (Straight-forward croc grain.)
4. Di Modell "Ralleye" (Really cool strap. Looks retro.)
5. Di Modell "Chronissimo" - I like the new croc grain version (Flieger type.)
6. Di Modell "Teju Lizard" - beautiful, but the gloss comes off if rubbed hard (Dressy.)
7. Many, many others that would work well with the white/blue AT.

You could also try Taikonaut. They have some interesting, unusual choices for decent prices. They're based in HK. I get all of my NATOs from them.

Hopefully this will get you started. Again, do a search. When people here write this, it's not meant to pass you off. It's just that there is a lot of great info that's already accumulated in neat little packages in the form of old threads. Try many different search terms, like: "Spring Bar Tool" or "Changing Straps" or "Aftermarket Straps," etc., etc.

Good luck. :-!

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I wanted to change the strap, is this easy to do or would you usually get it done at a watch dealer? I like it on the bracelet but it would be good to have some more options. Any tips on places to get new straps online?
Do a search on forum, there's a thread dedicated on how to change a strap. You can get straps from any AD, sales forum, or Ofrei website seems to be very popular and helpful as well.

Greats pictures guys, keep them coming! :-!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Heres my bond midsize

·
Registered
33 Posts
Question.

Would a 2254.50 work on a 6" wrist, or would it look overly bulky? I believe it only came in 41mm, right?

If you've got a small wrist and the watch above, post a pic.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Question.

Would a 2254.50 work on a 6" wrist, or would it look overly bulky? I believe it only came in 41mm, right?

If you've got a small wrist and the watch above, post a pic.
Really it would work if you liked it that's all that matters. My opinion though? If your flat wristed at 6" your OK but if your round wristed at 6" the lug ends might be even with or overhang your wrist edge...this is when I think watches look "too big" for the wearer. Mine is 6.75" in summer 6.5" fall and winter.

Reactions: CRetzloff

·
Registered
97 Posts
Currently a titanium Seamaster Professional 2231.50 - my 11th Omega I think - my wife has the small 'Bond' style quartz ladies Seamaster.
Here's the 2231.50..

Immediately before the Ti SMP I had the orange-bezel 42mm PO, and a 2264.50:

Cheers
Steve

961 - 980 of 8474 Posts