WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
10321 - 10340 of 10393 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Conclusion:
@leastonh I'm not really ready to go again to an AD to choose one and buy it.
BUT, honestly, if Omega contacts me again (they did once already, but I let it go)
and says that they have a Seamaster 300 Tokyo available for me to purchase for $5600, then I'm NOT going to pass it up again. I'm just going to get it (at full price).

I tried on the exact same watch in white and black, and liked how the white dial looked and how it fit. So, although I would prefer to see it in real life and try it on at an AD, I feel somewhat confident just ordering the Tokyo from the Omega website.
---
And if they don't contact me, and I am finally ready to go to an AD to buy something, then it will very likely be the yellow gold Seamaster 300 BLUE...
with the "regular" bracelet.

This is a win/win situation, since I win either way :).
The $3600 extra for the bracelet is way too much for me. I'd constantly be thinking I could almost have bought another decent watch for that extra money. The bracelet is important, but considering the standard Omega bracelet is incredibly comfortable anyway, it's a no brainer for me. That's just my logic though hehe :D

If the Tokyo was my first choice and I was in the market for an Omega if the price was right, I doubt I'd hesitate. That's especially true now I've had this 300m for a short while. I bought mine without visiting an AD and had it delivered to my home, partly due to Covid and partly because I knew I didn't need to try one on in person. I'd seen plenty in the AD windows in the past and that had sold me on it. It's been everything I could have hoped for and more. It's no wonder people rave so much about these watches.

Please post pics for us to drool over when you do buy one.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
You guys, I am so so sorry, I posted that in the wrong forum, obviously. My only other watch is a Brosnan Seamaster which I love so much, and I clicked this group on accident. I will be in the corner with my dunce hat on if anyone needs me...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey,

That looks great, where is the mesh from ?

Thinking of getting one for next summer.
Thank you! I think the Milanese style is a great bracelet option for this watch. The NTTD watch inspired this look for me and others who had useful posts I followed for a while. A guy whose handles are Spiked Lee and Chicago Watch Curator has excellent posts on various forums on choosing different bracelets for this watch.

This one is a cheap one by Eache from Amazon. It is surprisingly well constructed and feels quite secure overall. Some weaker points: the clasp mechanism pushers and overall security feel less robust than I want and the straight end tubes where the quick release spring bars go are a bit larger than they could be, leaving some extra room around the spring bars which creates some play. I figured I would try this to see how I liked these and to judge the thickness (3mm) and then get one that a watch like this actually deserves.

Now that I know I love the look and thickness, my next step (which may be a better first step for you if you don’t want/need to do the same Eache “experiment” I did) is to get a Staib or something comparable. Everything I have read suggests the build quality is excellent and the one with the diver clasp looks like a much better and more secure clasp option.

Currently weighing polished vs. “satin” finish and looking for sources. Will update again when I choose one.

Cheers.

10321 - 10340 of 10393 Posts