WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
10601 - 10620 of 10688 Posts

·
Banned
1,485 Posts
Pleased to have finally got my hands on the 2254.50.00 SMP, been waiting patiently for the right one to come along. Full set and in mint condition. Much prefer this to the 2500 SMP in blue that I owned previously, particularly the tapering bracelet. This is for my 50th...for my 60th I’m aiming for the new 42mm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great pickup! Pick up the updated smp on the fly clasp (couple on watch recon right now) and it becomes the perfect daily driver.

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Worldtimer Wednesday!

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got the Forstner President 1450 bracelet for my Seamaster. For an extra $50 I got extra solid end links so I can switch it to use on my Speedy too.

Excellent fit and finish. It’s got that retro classic jingly jangly clasp, but the added stretchy links makes this very comfortable.
View attachment 16258782
View attachment 16258785
Absolutely Smashing! I was wondering when will I ever see somebody here post a picture of the SMP fitted with the Forstner President !

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got the Forstner President 1450 bracelet for my Seamaster. For an extra $50 I got extra solid end links so I can switch it to use on my Speedy too.

Excellent fit and finish. It’s got that retro classic jingly jangly clasp, but the added stretchy links makes this very comfortable.
View attachment 16258782
View attachment 16258785
Hubba hubba :love:
The white SMP keeps finding reasons to make it to the top of my list.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

View attachment 16258782
View attachment 16258785
I'm planning on getting the Uncle Seiko President 1450...that looks EXACTLY like this and is meant to fit the Omega SMP300.
I don't know anything about your Forstner version. Is it the same?
Is there a reason to get one over the other?
...meaning do you think the Forstner is somehow better quality?
It's an extra $21 bucks and I don't know how I feel about the
"2 stretchy links behind the clasp".
The president bracelet looks AWESOME on the SMP300.
I will be getting the blue one SOON...(hopefully).
Thanks

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'm wearing a watch right now that is patterned after this watch!
This is the first time I'm seeing the original.
You don't see so many of these
View attachment 16258804
The Helson sharkmaster 300 on a shark-mesh bracelet (perfect pairing):
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry
Watch Analog watch Fashion Watch accessory Clock

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm planning on getting the Uncle Seiko President 1450...that looks EXACTLY like this and is meant to fit the Omega SMP300.
I don't know anything about your Forstner version. Is it the same?
Is there a reason to get one over the other?
...meaning do you think the Forstner is somehow better quality?
It's an extra $21 bucks and I don't know how I feel about the
"2 stretchy links behind the clasp".
The president bracelet looks AWESOME on the SMP300.
I will be getting the blue one SOON...(hopefully).
Thanks
I'm not sure if the Forstner is a better quality or not, but I actually purchased the 1450 President bracelet with the intention to have it for my Speedmaster but I liked the versatility to be able to put it on my Seamaster with a simple swap of the endlinks for extra $50. I have an Uncle Seiko Jubilee for my SARB035 and it's of similar quality to the Forstner. They both have the very cheap jingly stamped clasp. The one thing I noticed is that the Uncle Seiko online pictures seem to show the sides of the links to be polished, whereas the Forstner is all brushed. They both have solid end links. Also to point out that the Uncle Seiko is pin style links whereas the Forstner are screwed links.

Here is a recent article on Fratello that reviews the Forstner: The New Forstner President (1450) Bracelet Will Thrill Fans Of The Omega Speedmaster Classic

As much as I like having the 1450 President on the Seamaster, the Speedy is calling for it and I'm thinking of trying the Uncle Seiko Holzer for the Seamaster. For now I'm enjoying it and finding it more comfortable than the OEM bracelet. The Forstner is much lighter and the links articulate more so it drapes around my wrist better, combined with the stretch links it's a more comfortable bracelet than the OEM.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Great pickup! Pick up the updated smp on the fly clasp (couple on watch recon right now) and it becomes the perfect daily driver.
Thanks, I love it! I really fancy the 42mm in black to have two different generation wave dials, but it’s having the disposable isn’t it. Or white, for something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10601 - 10620 of 10688 Posts