·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
En route to skiing, looking beautiful in the light

I adore my SMP, but the lume is a complete let down
That’s how I’m feeling towards this one, which is a major disappointment for me. Even after a relatively short skiing day with it out in the sun on the way to the hill, it was unreadable on the drive home at night.

Even my Planet Ocean that saw less than half an hour of artificial light, then was put into a travel box had more in it at 645 this morning than the SMP had from several hours of the same lighting before I wore it to sleep.

Really bums me out, because anytime legibility is a high priority to me, and the SMP falls very short in that regard, despite its awesome looks and stellar day- and low-light legibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
That’s how I’m feeling towards this one, which is a major disappointment for me. Even after a relatively short skiing day with it out in the sun on the way to the hill, it was unreadable on the drive home at night.

Even my Planet Ocean that saw less than half an hour of artificial light, then was put into a travel box had more in it at 645 this morning than the SMP had from several hours of the same lighting before I wore it to sleep.

Really bums me out, because anytime legibility is very functionally important to me, and with how much the SMP falls short, almost ruins the whole thing for me.

I completely agree. My SMPs are probably my favourite watches, but at night they’re basically useless, which is a massive shame considering the cost. I am fortunate to have a (very battered up) SMP 2254 which is brilliant at night and blows my latest ones out the water.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The three Omegas! Feel very lucky to have these in my small collection, including a 1979 vintage Geneve. Mine doesn’t have the Seamaster logo on the case back, but I believe some did come with this. 2254 is on a Hirsch Buffalo quick release strap in black. Also works with the brown next to it.

11081 - 11100 of 11991 Posts