WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Incoming 2502.52.00, can’t wait to get it on my wrist.

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
540 Posts
Your Railmaster looks great on that strap. As does that Ball. Nice collection!

Rene
TY, Rene. All credit is due to ColaReb.....they do a fantastic job. I actually prefer the Railmaster on a strap as opposed to the bracelet as I think it accentuates the twisted lugs. Both the Railmaster and Ball have proven to be some of the better decisions I have made for the collection.....they certainly get their fair share of wear. Enjoy your time!

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 39mm Railmaster and looking for the strap that’s pictured. It doesn’t have to be OEM (I don’t want to pay Omega boutique prices). Any information on strap makers or where I get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I have a 39mm Railmaster and looking for the OEM strap that’s pictured. Any information on where I get one?

Contact your local OMEGA Boutique or Authorized Dealer and I'm sure they'll be happy to order one for you. Best of luck!!

Rene

Reactions: rafaquarius21

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a 39mm Railmaster and looking for the strap that’s pictured. It doesn’t have to be OEM (I don’t want to pay Omega boutique prices). Any information on strap makers or where I get one?

I bought one from www.luxurywatchstraps.co.uk
It’s the one that is pictured on a PO on the site.

It is pretty much a dead ringer for the OEM strap. Very good quality leather! It comes with a butterfly deployant that is a little flimsy, but that can be swapped. There are several Omega-style deployants on eBay.

Here’s mine:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Very nice indeed, Semmern. Looks perfect!

A local Ω OB put one together for my Railmaster 2503.52.00 in October last year using the 20mm - 18mm version of the AT Barenia aka "Vintage Calf Brown" strap 032CUZ000219 (which photographs as a bit more dark-reddish than it actually is) and the 94521833 deployant :

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
20201209_092255.jpg

René

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
This is indeed a very nice strap, René. What do you think about mine?

View attachment 15589538
That's a beauty as well, Mike.

I was looking at a strap that was very similar to that one before a friend and WUS member offered to sell me this strap after he parted ways with his 60th Railmaster. Come to think of it, it might have been that exact strap. Where is that one from?

This is another one I was looking at from Colareb;

tp085-faccio_brown_edge_stitch_leather_watch_strap-b_3.jpg

René

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's a beauty as well, Mike.

I was looking at a strap that was very similar to that one before a friend and WUS member offered to sell me this strap after he parted ways with his 60th Railmaster. Come to think of it, it might have been that exact strap. Where is that one from?

This is another one I was looking at from Colareb;

View attachment 15589772

René
It’s from a guy in Romania who runs this shop: Bespoke Watch Straps & Other Leather Goods | Genteel Handmade

Very nice guy and a gifted craftsman.

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
3,320 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not a Railmaster Club member, but I may want to fill in a membership form soon. :)

I went to an Omega boutique to try out the different sizes of AT and then came upon the denim colored Railmaster and then finally the silver dialed Railmaster.

My initial visual reactions:
  • I find myself liking the no date styling of the Railmaster over the AT.
  • I liked both the denim and silver, but I'm leaning towards silver.

Questions for those in the know:
1) Do they still sell the 38mm (1957 Trilogy)? The boutique didn't seem to have that version in stock.
2) Any feedback on the Railmaster watch from owners? Can she GADA with the best of them? Any skeletons in her closet? She's good looking but is she also a keeper?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I'm not a Railmaster Club member, but I may want to fill in a membership form soon. :)

I went to an Omega boutique to try out the different sizes of AT and then came upon the denim colored Railmaster and then finally the silver dialed Railmaster.

My initial visual reactions:
  • I find myself liking the no date styling of the Railmaster over the AT.
  • I liked both the denim and silver, but I'm leaning towards silver.

1) Do they still sell the 38mm (1957 Trilogy)? The boutique didn't seem to have that version in stock.
2) Any feedback on the Railmaster watch from owners? Can she GADA with the best of them? Any skeletons in her closet? She's good looking but is she also a keeper?
First, let me begin by saying you have fine taste, sir! We'd be honoured to welcome you into The Club.

The 1957 Railmaster Reissue is a limited edition, however I think if you looked around you might be able to find one new from an AD or OB. Did you inquire if the boutique could order one for you from Switzerland? Or maybe bring one in from another boutique location? I'm not sure if they transfer models between boutiques, but it might be worth a try.

The watch itself is an absolute charmer. At 38mm, the perfect size, in my opinion. As someone who gravitates toward time only watches, the Railmaster appealed to me right away with its lack of a date window and its clean, symmetrical dial. The "tropical" dial and beige lume, while contentious, work together to soften the appearance and add a vintage vibe to the dial, which compliments the case style brilliantly.

While I enjoy my Railmaster on its solid bracelet with the topnotch, micro-adjustable clasp, this watch begs to be worn on a nice quality leather strap. The black, suede(y) leather strap provided is nice, but I prefer a slightly more substantial leather strap in light brown or caramel. I haven't yet tried it on the supplied NATO strap so I won't comment on that. The vintage style OMEGA logo on the clasp of the bracelet, and on the 2 tang buckles provided, are a classy touch and also add to the vintage character of the watch.

The 8806 Master Chronometer certified movement is performing beyond my wildest dreams. I'm not a stickler when it comes to accuracy of my watches, but I do like them to perform within spec (I'll even settle for slightly outside of spec). The 8806 has blown my mind. I never used to track the performance of my watches, but with something as accurate as my Railmaster it's a lot of fun to see just what it's capable of. Over the last 44 days it's running at +7 seconds. That's an average of 0.159 seconds per day. I've owned it since January 2020 and it's been running like this consistently. I find that remarkable.

I appreciate that OMEGA graced the 60th Anniversary Railmaster with a solid and simple caseback. All that appears on the caseback is "RAILMASTER 60TH ANNIVERSARY", the OMEGA symbol, and the hippocampus. Again, paying homage to their vintage models from days gone by.

I find it difficult to come up with anything I don't like, or would change about the Railmaster. What does come to mind is the crystal. I would have liked to have seen them go with a Hesalite crystal to add to the vintage aesthetic, but they did a masterful job with the domed sapphire crystal. While I don't think it does as good a job of creating the same distortion of the dial at sharp angles, it's definitely something I can live with. If I was afforded one change by the powers in Bienne, I would ask them to make the movement handwound. In my opinion, that would make the 60th Anniversary 1957 Trilogy Railmaster the perfect watch.

If you can find one, I would definitely recommend the Trilogy over the standard Railmaster. Best of luck with your hunt for a Railmaster. Please keep us posted on any developments.

Rene

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Just snapped my 1957 Railmaster Reissue :

Hi LudicrousSpeed,

When I checked a few months ago, local Ω OB took 2 - 3 weeks and sourced a new one from another branch for me to look at and try on. However, while waiting I saw Watch Vault NYC (via Chrono24 - both of whom I'd used before & am happy with) had a pre-owned one - which looked brand new - at a saving of about US$2K, and included Fedex express 2-day shipping, so I went for that.

It turned out to be completely unworn, full set with box, tool, bracelet, the 2 Ω straps and all accesories, Railmaster history booklet etc (but slight damage to inside divider part of the outer white paper box that the main red box etc is shipped in) and with a year's warranty remaining.

I've had it 2 months now, and very happy. It's delightful - nice, small and slim, plus it has METAS and more modern movement compared to my two 2500 POs & 2003 Railmaster 2503.52. The lume is good, although cannot match the first version 2500 PO (nothing else that I've seen can though, except perhaps a big Seiko diver), but the lume is clear, easy to read and lasts through the night - can still read the time at 4 or 5am etc.

Overall I'm very pleased indeed with my '57 Railmater re-issue - 👍
- Good luck whatever you choose!

William.

·
Registered
724 Posts
... The black, suede(y) leather strap provided is nice, but I prefer a slightly more substantial leather strap in light brown or caramel. I haven't yet tried it on the supplied NATO strap so I won't comment on that. The vintage style OMEGA logo on the clasp of the bracelet, and on the 2 tang buckles provided, are a classy touch and also add to the vintage character of the watch.

Although I agree with all of your reviews of the various strap options, I have to say that it doesn't look too bad on the included NATO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I know everyone has their opinions on watch sizing. IMO, the 40mm Railmaster fit well when I tried it on at the OB. Maybe I can locate a 38mm to try on somewhere though I suspect both sizes would work for me. I didn't ask the boutique at the time if they could bring a 38mm in from elsewhere (just whether they had it).

Anyways, I'm going to do a bit more research on these two models. There's that OB and a couple of ADs reasonably close to me. I may buy one or the other in the next month or two depending on how it goes.

201 - 220 of 257 Posts