WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Although I agree with all of your reviews of the various strap options, I have to say that it doesn't look too bad on the included NATO.

View attachment 15600092
Hi Mike,

I agree, it does look good on the NATO; I just haven't tried it out yet myself. I do hope to give it a try someday though.

Nice picture!

René

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I know everyone has their opinions on watch sizing. IMO, the 40mm Railmaster fit well when I tried it on at the OB. Maybe I can locate a 38mm to try on somewhere though I suspect both sizes would work for me. I didn't ask the boutique at the time if they could bring a 38mm in from elsewhere (just whether they had it).

Anyways, I'm going to do a bit more research on these two models. There's that OB and a couple of ADs reasonably close to me. I may buy one or the other in the next month or two depending on how it goes.
I bet both sizes would work on you. The 38mm LE has a slimmer case, but longer lugs, so it has a similar wrist presence.

There are no bad options here.

In September, I was fortunate to be able to choose from all four Railmaster variants (at Feldmar in Los Angeles). After a lot of back and forth, driving the sales guy nuts, I think, I went for the steel dial.

I think it's a "GADA" in the sense of a versatile watch I'd wear pretty much anywhere, but honestly if I was looking for an "only" watch, I would get the LE, or the black dial 40mm. The blue and the steel are both awesome, but honestly they are also slightly weird.

I've been LOVING my Railmaster, and certainly recommend it. Comfort, accuracy, cool factor, fit and finish... All great. The only real negative would be legibility, which isn't great on the steel dial, especially when you step inside out of the sun, and have some day lume going. I imagine either black dial version would be much better in terms of contrast and legibility.

But I could not resist the allure of the steel dial! I catch myself admiring it as I roll my wrist around in different light. Love it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
So I have a quick question. The rail master came out in 57 and this seamaster in 58. Is there any significance to the dial layout between the rail master and the seamaster? I mean is the seamaster in a way made to look like it because the dial is an attractive layout or was it meant to maybe prop up the rail master to make it more popular?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bet both sizes would work on you. The 38mm LE has a slimmer case, but longer lugs, so it has a similar wrist presence.

There are no bad options here.

In September, I was fortunate to be able to choose from all four Railmaster variants (at Feldmar in Los Angeles). After a lot of back and forth, driving the sales guy nuts, I think, I went for the steel dial.

I think it's a "GADA" in the sense of a versatile watch I'd wear pretty much anywhere, but honestly if I was looking for an "only" watch, I would get the LE, or the black dial 40mm. The blue and the steel are both awesome, but honestly they are also slightly weird.

I've been LOVING my Railmaster, and certainly recommend it. Comfort, accuracy, cool factor, fit and finish... All great. The only real negative would be legibility, which isn't great on the steel dial, especially when you step inside out of the sun, and have some day lume going. I imagine either black dial version would be much better in terms of contrast and legibility.

But I could not resist the allure of the steel dial! I catch myself admiring it as I roll my wrist around in different light. Love it.

View attachment 15600388

"She said, hello mister
Pleased to meet you"
-
Big Jet Plane by Angus & Julia Stone

That's how it went down. Game over. :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
"She said, hello mister
Pleased to meet you"
-
Big Jet Plane by Angus & Julia Stone

That's how it went down. Game over. :)

View attachment 15623235
Huge congratulations!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who could not resist the siren song of the steel dial, and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I have. Really a wonderfully understated and mesmerizing watch.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Huge congratulations!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who could not resist the siren song of the steel dial, and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I have. Really a wonderfully understated and mesmerizing watch.
Thanks. I'm loving it. I'm a big fan of simplicity combined with quality, and I think this watch oozes it by the boatload.

My next thing is to figure out which of my other watches becomes my beater watch. Pare it down to 2 and get rid of the rest. I know, crazy talk.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Hello from the latest member to this club. Loved Omega for many years but for some reason the rail master has passed me by. Probably something to do with lack of stocks in my AD. I was passing them the other day and spotted one in the window so out of curiosity I popped in to take a look and WOW. Really blew me away. Ive always loved the seamaster MC but the long lugs made it look weird on my wrist. With the RM it was a perfect fit and it has the retro look of the MC. Its definitely a case of looking much better on the wrist than in the window. Ive found this with a lot of the Tudors as well. The Omega website does the RM no favours at all. Managed to purchase this beauty a few minutes before the full lockdown was announced from midnight so im glad I pulled the trigger. Couldnt be happier. My biggest worry at the moment is I also tried on the blue dial version.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hello from the latest member to this club. Loved Omega for many years but for some reason the rail master has passed me by. Probably something to do with lack of stocks in my AD. I was passing them the other day and spotted one in the window so out of curiosity I popped in to take a look and WOW. Really blew me away. Ive always loved the seamaster MC but the long lugs made it look weird on my wrist. With the RM it was a perfect fit and it has the retro look of the MC. Its definitely a case of looking much better on the wrist than in the window. Ive found this with a lot of the Tudors as well. The Omega website does the RM no favours at all. Managed to purchase this beauty a few minutes before the full lockdown was announced from midnight so im glad I pulled the trigger. Couldnt be happier. My biggest worry at the moment is I also tried on the blue dial version. View attachment 15629087 View attachment 15629088
Congratulations and welcome to the club!! A very timely purchase.;)

Rene

Reactions: thx67 and cybercat

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
View attachment 15629115

(Oops! Just realised this one's not actually a Seamaster Railmaster...) - 🤦‍♂️

Hi Will,

Aren't all Railmasters part of the Seamaster line? The '57 Reissue, along with all other Railmasters, is listed under the Seamaster banner on the OMEGA website.

Rene

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
20210106_195530.jpg

René

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Newly in the club , 2008 RM on croc View attachment 15665553
Congratulations on your new Railmaster!

That's a great looking strap...from what I can see of it. Would you mind sharing some more pictures, and maybe a wrist shot, so we can all see how great it really is?

René

·
Registered
447 Posts
Congratulations on your new Railmaster!

That's a great looking strap...from what I can see of it. Would you mind sharing some more pictures, and maybe a wrist shot, so we can all see how great it really is?

René
Here she is, seller described as mint, and it really is, has been in a safe for last few years

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Here she is, seller described as mint, and it really is, has been in a safe for last few years

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Wow!! You sure wandered into a gooder. I just love it on that strap!

Thanks for taking the time to share more pictures. Enjoy it!!

Rene

Reactions: daveya
221 - 240 of 257 Posts