WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
241 - 260 of 411 Posts
Was surprised to see one of these at an AD today. I should have asked but it appeared to be BNIB. Wouldn't that be odd at this point?
No, I wouldn't say it's odd. I'm sure there a still a few of them floating around. The plain Jane looks of the '57 Railmaster Reissue makes it probably the least attractive watch, out of the Trilogy, to the everyday Joe. I'm sure the Speedmaster with its chronograph and the Seamaster 300 with its timing bezel are much more interesting to someone who's not a WIS and is just looking for an expensive watch. Just speculation on my part, of course.

Why didn't you snap it up??

Rene

No, I wouldn't say it's odd. I'm sure there a still a few of them floating around. The plain Jane looks of the '57 Railmaster Reissue makes it probably the least attractive watch, out of the Trilogy, to the everyday Joe. I'm sure the Speedmaster with its chronograph and the Seamaster 300 with its timing bezel are much more interesting to someone who's not a WIS and is just looking for an expensive watch. Just speculation on my part, of course.

Why didn't you snap it up??

Rene
No real reason just off on others ATM. Still it is a nice looking watch ..almost bought the set back when they came out.

No real reason just off on others ATM. Still it is a nice looking watch ..almost bought the set back when they came out.
Yes, it is a nice watch. I think they all are. OMEGA did a good job with them.

I think you're Betteroff (See what I did there?) buying each piece individually. IMO they ruined the set by putting "Trilogy XXX" on the dial.

Rene

Reactions: Betterthere
Wow!! You sure wandered into a gooder. I just love it on that strap!

Thanks for taking the time to share more pictures. Enjoy it!!

Rene
Agree. For me, this is the ultimate Railmaster and strap combo.

Reactions: Titan II
For the RM Trilogy 57: Are there any straps (not NATO) that fit tight to close the gap
between the head and strap. Most of the leather straps shown appear to have a large gap
due to the extended lugs on this piece. The OysterFlex rubber is a nice design for comfort.
19mm lugs just make it difficult to have a good choice of alternative straps.

Any recommendations and pictures would be great. All day comfort in mind.

Thanks

I've spent the last few months looking at the Railmaster and finally pulled the trigger this week. Thanks to everyone here for the inspiration. Its understated beauty is even more striking in person.
View attachment 15750387
Congratulations ksanksan!! Out of the more modern Railmasters, that one's my favourite. Enjoy the honeymoon. I hope it lasts a long, long time.

Rene

Reactions: ksanksan
241 - 260 of 411 Posts