WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I was actually searching for an hour for an answer. Maybe someone here can help.

I resized the bracelet myself and ended up marring some of the screws.

Anyone know the part number for the screws?

There is no official boutiques in SF for me to go to except for the one at the international terminal at SFO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eric
Call Topper Jewelers in Burlingame. They can help with Omega parts. Ask for Rob.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was actually searching for an hour for an answer. Maybe someone here can help.

There is no official boutiques in SF for me to go to except for the one at the international terminal at SFO.

If you can remember to PM me in the morning I will send you the part number. It’s on my desk at the office. I stripped a couple of screws- I was highly anxious to get it on my wrist - and ordered some new ones as it was also bothering me. Also got a decent screwdriver.

Anyhow, on to the Railmaster. To me it has been the the every day wearer I was looking for. I work in engineering and always had a live for the railway- my mother and grandfather both having worked in the industry.

I tried the Explorer 1 - but that wasn’t for me- too classic, maybe lost on my generational experience. Tried the milgauss; and whilst unique it was too bulky, dressy, and that case design, dated.

Along cane the Railmaster- a history steeped in the rail industry, a classic three hander from a brand I have know since I can remember. Oh, and it’s also anti-magnetic with one of the best value movements around- to appease my inner science geek.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you can remember to PM me in the morning I will send you the part number. It’s on my desk at the office. I stripped a couple of screws- I was highly anxious to get it on my wrist - and ordered some new ones as it was also bothering me. Also got a decent screwdriver.

Anyhow, on to the Railmaster. To me it has been the the every day wearer I was looking for. I work in engineering and always had a live for the railway- my mother and grandfather both having worked in the industry.

I tried the Explorer 1 - but that wasn’t for me- too classic, maybe lost on my generational experience. Tried the milgauss; and whilst unique it was too bulky, dressy, and that case design, dated.

Along cane the Railmaster- a history steeped in the rail industry, a classic three hander from a brand I have know since I can remember. Oh, and it’s also anti-magnetic with one of the best value movements around- to appease my inner science geek.

Nice review and pictures. What model strap is that in the first photo? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Cheers.
It’s a denim strap with patina stitching I got Aaron to make custom- aaronbespoke.com
Beautiful band!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
449 Posts

Omega part #: 0021STZ006932 - I got 7 for I think it was $40.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
'
Here's a few phone snaps of my second Railmaster, which I received in late January.

I previously had the 41mm version extremely briefly, but immediately on arrival I realised it really was way too big for me (totally dwarfed my 42mm 2500PO & 14060M Sub etc.)

...but everything was promptly resolved with help from Nicole Tam at Chrono24 in Hong Kong, and espescially Jerome at WatchVaultNYC in San Diego, who most kindly exchanged it for the 39mm version for me without any penalty.

Highly reccomended.

I took it for a full Omega service, new bezel etc a few weeks later.

Without any further ado...

IMG_1797Xs.jpg

PHOTO-2019-02-05-14-54-09.jpg

IMG_2107s.jpg

IMG_1719LAX.jpg

'

·
Registered
535 Posts
The silver dial "new" Railmaster. Clearly not everyone loves it. Most importantly, I do...

View attachment 14212515
Amazing picture of a stunning watch.

I've tried this one on about three or four times now, I think. I don't need it, and have been able to rationalize myself out of buying it, but it keeps popping into my head, and I keep taking another look.

I get why the darker dial is the more popular choice, but I think I might also prefer the silver one.

Quite possibly my next watch. Self control has its limits, after all.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Amazing picture of a stunning watch.

I've tried this one on about three or four times now, I think. I don't need it, and have been able to rationalize myself out of buying it, but it keeps popping into my head, and I keep taking another look.

I get why the darker dial is the more popular choice, but I think I might also prefer the silver one.

Quite possibly my next watch. Self control has its limits, after all.
The silver just feels a bit different and more unusual to the other new Railmasters. It's definitely a somewhat understated watch, especially on the bracelet. I put it on a simple dark brown strap recently and it added a little more contrast while also helping to accentuate the twisted lugs.

21 - 40 of 252 Posts