WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 411 Posts
Reactions: fskywalker
I got my 36mm Raily back in 2012 and it will be a keeper. The simplicity of the dial layout, and its clarity, the more-than-needed 150m water-resistance, the great size for my school-girly 6.5 inch wrist

Link to the review that I wrote on this watch;

https://teeritz.blogspot.com/2013/05/omega-railmaster-co-axial-automatic.html

Pics;

Watch Product Still life photography Photography Fashion accessory

Watch Fashion accessory Still life photography

The Fratello Watches website did a recent write-up on the Co-Axial 39mm Railmaster and there were a few comments saying that this watch was boring. I don't get that at all.
Besides, it's not up to the watch to be interesting or exciting. That's up to the person wearing the watch.

Blue Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory

Drink Alcoholic beverage Liqueur Alcohol Distilled beverage

It's a classic watch, one which is a nice, modern interpretation of the original model from 1957. Works very nicely on its original bracelet, although I wish it had a standard clasp like the Speedmaster and Seamaster range, but it does look pretty schmick on almost any other kind of strap you put on it. Here it is on a no-name $20.oo (AUD!) leather strap;

Drink Tennessee whiskey Alcoholic beverage Alcohol Liqueur

Yep. I can't fault this watch much. A different clasp would make it perfect, but it's pretty damn close as-is.

Beauty Fashion Technology Material property Electronic device

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Photograph Fashion accessory

Classic, classic watch.

Discussion starter · #91 ·
I got my 36mm Raily back in 2012 and it will be a keeper. The simplicity of the dial layout, and its clarity, the more-than-needed 150m water-resistance, the great size for my school-girly 6.5 inch wrist

Pics;

View attachment 14615073

View attachment 14615077

The Fratello Watches website did a recent write-up on the Co-Axial 39mm Railmaster and there were a few comments saying that this watch was boring. I don't get that at all.
Besides, it's not up to the watch to be interesting or exciting. That's up to the person wearing the watch.

View attachment 14615101

View attachment 14615103

It's a classic watch, one which is a nice, modern interpretation of the original model from 1957. Works very nicely on its original bracelet, although I wish it had a standard clasp like the Speedmaster and Seamaster range, but it does look pretty schmick on almost any other kind of strap you put on it. Here it is on a no-name $20.oo (AUD!) leather strap;

View attachment 14615121

Yep. I can't fault this watch much. A different clasp would make it perfect, but it's pretty damn close as-is.

View attachment 14615137

View attachment 14615149

Classic, classic watch.
Welcome to the thread Tino, was hoping you would join it at some time as think you're the godfather of the club! :-!

Pics;

View attachment 14615073

View attachment 14615077

View attachment 14615101

View attachment 14615103

View attachment 14615121

View attachment 14615137

View attachment 14615149

Classic, classic watch.
Great post, Tino. And fantastic pictures, as always.

I especially like the picture that tells the story of how Teeritz came about his Railmaster. I know I've looked at a watch many times in the past and come away not knowing the time.

I've always been a big fan of the original 1957 Railmaster ref. CK2914. After seeing pictures of the first 36mm, calibre 2500 interpretations of the watch (ref. 2504.52) I wanted one desperately. I thought it was an honourable nod to the original.

Then OMEGA released the 60th Anniversary Railmaster, and I think they've done a splendid job. A more modern size at 38mm, but still small enough to maintain the charm of the original 36mm. Also, the bracelet. I don't think I really have to say anything about the bracelet. Okay, I'll say this...stunning!!

I had an opportunity to see one at my AD and try it one. What a beauty!! I hope one day I'll be able to get my hands on one.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures, Tino.

René

I'm thinking of getting a bund strap for my Railmaster...anyone do that and care to post a pic?

Reactions: fskywalker
Discussion starter · #98 ·
Reactions: LDoc
81 - 100 of 411 Posts