WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Official Seamaster Railmaster Owner's Club

83K views 410 replies 103 participants last post by  MackyP 
#1 · (Edited)
There is an Omega Seamaster Owner's Club and Railmasters are Seamasters, but so are multiple other Seamaster models (300's, Chronos, Aqua Terra's, Planet Ocean's, Bullhead's, Ploprof's) which dilute it too much. I think Railmaster's deserve their own Official Owner's Club, so here it goes!

All Railmaster versions are welcome: vintage, manuals, autos, jumbos, chronos, coaxials, master coaxials, LE / anniversary, etc. so all climb aboard! [emoji2]

Here's my current Railmaster: A 39 MM caliber 2403 model 2503.52.00

First on steel bracelet:

Here on Omega OEM alligator band with deployant:

and finally on black cordura snoopy band with deployant:

Show us the one (s) you own, had or wish to own !!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Official Railmaster Owners Club

Non-LE has been my main wristwatch for just over a year, but it feels much longer. Just finished a 50 mile backpacking trek through mountains with my Railmaster, so another memory stored!

Love the quality and feel of the steel bracelet, but I really love the way straps make the lug shapes more sharp and pronounced. I thought the brushed dial would steal the show, but the machining quality of the case with its razor sharp lines actually became my favorite part of the watch.

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#62 ·
Non-LE has been my main wristwatch for just over a year, but it feels much longer. Just finished a 50 mile backpacking trek through mountains with my Railmaster, so another memory stored!

Love the quality and feel of the steel bracelet, but I really love the way straps make the lug shapes more sharp and pronounced. I thought the brushed dial would steal the show, but the machining quality of the case with its razor sharp lines actually became my favorite part of the watch.

View attachment 14178911

View attachment 14178913

View attachment 14178923
Nice 40 mm RM's; congrats to all new owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Missed one!
[emoji7]

watch addict in recovery

#5 ·

My love of the Railmaster started quite a few years ago. While looking for a smaller, simple watch with no date, I found myself at an Omega AD near home. In the display case was a gorgeous 36mm Omega Railmaster 2504.52, with steel bracelet. A put down a deposit, and picked it up a few weeks later. I loved it, and even more when I found a brown alligator leather strap to fit on it. A couple of years later, I was lusting after something else, so I sold it. Years later, it is almost unobtainable. A year or so later, I searched for one and all I could find were the larger 39mm and 41mm models. So I basically gave up.

Meanwhile, I had in the back of my mind that I would love to find a vintage piece like the 1957 vintage classic. I literally hounded the poor folks at the Omega Boutique, asking if they thought Omega would ever release another Railmaster. Even if it did not exactly resemble my 2504.52 or the 1957 model. I could not afford a real vintage piece, so I kind of put the Railmaster out of my mind. Until 2017. When Omega announced the 2017 Trilogy models, I thought I was dreaming. What brand would ever issue a model that is exactly how you envisioned it in your hopes and dreams?!

Needless to say, the 60th Anniversary Trilogy Railmaster is my favorite watch. I do have a really nice watch collection, but if I had to give up all but one, the Railmaster would be the one to stay. I do have to say that when it first appeared I was in a bad way financially and, as it is a limited edition, I was not sure if I could raise the funds in time to get one. However, in 2017, the new model was also released, the 40mm coaxial. I loved it as well. So much, that I decided I would not be disappointed if the Trilogy model sold out and I got the new model. As it happened, I did get the Trilogy, but like the new model so much that I might possibly end up with both at some point.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Here are a few pics of my Railmaster:

On OEM Omega leather strap:

On stainless steel bracelet:

This watch is a true work of art, as are all three Trilogy models. I really believe that the Railmaster is the most versatile. But that's just me. And for me there will never be another watch quite like the Omega Railmaster, regardless of model. Thanks to fskywalker for starting this thread. A great idea, and so well deserved!

Cheers,
Carl

#8 ·

My love of the Railmaster started quite a few years ago. While looking for a smaller, simple watch with no date, I found myself at an Omega AD near home. In the display case was a gorgeous 36mm Omega Railmaster 2504.52, with steel bracelet. A put down a deposit, and picked it up a few weeks later. I loved it, and even more when I found a brown alligator leather strap to fit on it. A couple of years later, I was lusting after something else, so I sold it. Years later, it is almost unobtainable. A year or so later, I searched for one and all I could find were the larger 39mm and 41mm models. So I basically gave up.

Meanwhile, I had in the back of my mind that I would love to find a vintage piece like the 1957 vintage classic. I literally hounded the poor folks at the Omega Boutique, asking if they thought Omega would ever release another Railmaster. Even if it did not exactly resemble my 2504.52 or the 1957 model. I could not afford a real vintage piece, so I kind of put the Railmaster out of my mind. Until 2017. When Omega announced the 2017 Trilogy models, I thought I was dreaming. What brand would ever issue a model that is exactly how you envisioned it in your hopes and dreams?!

Needless to say, the 60th Anniversary Trilogy Railmaster is my favorite watch. I do have a really nice watch collection, but if I had to give up all but one, the Railmaster would be the one to stay. I do have to say that when it first appeared I was in a bad way financially and, as it is a limited edition, I was not sure if I could raise the funds in time to get one. However, in 2017, the new model was also released, the 40mm coaxial. I loved it as well. So much, that I decided I would not be disappointed if the Trilogy model sold out and I got the new model. As it happened, I did get the Trilogy, but like the new model so much that I might possibly end up with both at some point.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Here are a few pics of my Railmaster:

On OEM Omega leather strap:

On stainless steel bracelet:

This watch is a true work of art, as are all three Trilogy models. I really believe that the Railmaster is the most versatile. But that's just me. And for me there will never be another watch quite like the Omega Railmaster, regardless of model. Thanks to fskywalker for starting this thread. A great idea, and so well deserved!

Cheers,
Carl
Wow, Carl!....almost my same story!....could've been written by me!

#16 ·
I was actually searching for an hour for an answer. Maybe someone here can help.

I resized the bracelet myself and ended up marring some of the screws.

Anyone know the part number for the screws?

There is no official boutiques in SF for me to go to except for the one at the international terminal at SFO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I was actually searching for an hour for an answer. Maybe someone here can help.

I resized the bracelet myself and ended up marring some of the screws.

Anyone know the part number for the screws?

There is no official boutiques in SF for me to go to except for the one at the international terminal at SFO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi first congrats on the RM. I think the screws of all modern Omega 19 and 20mm bracelet links are the same. Would think you can call the airport Boutique and they would send them to you over mail for free, give it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#64 ·
Here is a shot of my now flipped 36mm Railmaster.

View attachment 14203003
That 36mm was the best of that generation Railmaster IMO! It was also my first. And, for quite a while, I did regret selling it. Now I believe it is virtually impossible to find. Fortunately, the 60th Anniversary Trilogy came along and, for the first time, I no longer regret selling the 36mm.

Cheers,
Carl

#36 ·
'
Here's a few phone snaps of my second Railmaster, which I received in late January.

I previously had the 41mm version extremely briefly, but immediately on arrival I realised it really was way too big for me (totally dwarfed my 42mm 2500PO & 14060M Sub etc.)

...but everything was promptly resolved with help from Nicole Tam at Chrono24 in Hong Kong, and espescially Jerome at WatchVaultNYC in San Diego, who most kindly exchanged it for the 39mm version for me without any penalty.

Highly reccomended.

I took it for a full Omega service, new bezel etc a few weeks later.

Without any further ado...

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Watch Wrist Sky Sea Hand

Wrist Hand Watch Water Bracelet

'