WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, with the 2008 Searaider dive rally officially full, it's time to start the waiting list. If you want to go, but missed the opportunity to be in the first 12, just reply to this thread and I'll add you on as an alternate or reserve. November is a long way out, so anything can happen causing a registrant to cancel. This list will be super valuable in helping to keep the trip full.:)

I'm going to keep it as simple as possible. If there is a cancellation, the first one on the list will be contacted and given the opportunity to attend. If that person declines or doesn't reply within a sensible amount of time(determined by myself;-)), I'll go down the list until a replacement is found. Also let me know if you are attending by yourself, or if you plan to bring someone else. If so, I'll need to know if that person is wanting to dive.

If in fact a cancellation does occur, and we're down to the last crucial weeks before the rally, several may be contacted at once. If this happens, it's a free for all and whoever gets their money in first, goes to Grand Cayman.

By signing on to the list, you are not obligated in any way. If a cancellation occurs and you are contacted but can't attend, just pass and the next person in line will be offered the opportunity.

That's pretty much it. If you want to go but missed out, please sign onto the list. Just because there may be many ahead of you, sign up anyway. Anything could happen and you could get lucky.:-!

(T-bone, did I miss anything?)

One last thing...I'm going to try my very best to keep this process as fair as possible. The closer we get to the rally, the more crucial room availability becomes. Just because there may be enough room on the boat, doesn't mean that there are enough rooms available at Compass Point. I know Lesley well enough, that she'll do her very best to make everything work, but I wanted to point this out now, so we don't have any misunderstandings later.

Searaider 2008 Waiting List

1)

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Please put me on the waiting list and let me know what info, if any, do you nedd from me. BTW looks like like I'm nr one. Great!!! All my life I was nr. 2. Somebody was there before me....Ha!Ha!
Thanks,
Michael Jordache
Toronto, Canada

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please put me on the waiting list and let me know what info, if any, do you nedd from me. BTW looks like like I'm nr one. Great!!! All my life I was nr. 2. Somebody was there before me....Ha!Ha!
Thanks,
Michael Jordache
Toronto, Canada
Alright Michael, you're on the list.:-!

If a cancellation occurs, you'll be the first to contact.

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn Pete a day late and a dollar short!

Maybe if we get another 12 on this list we can get another boat rerserved for the SeaRaiders ... what ya think Ty??
Pete, glad to see you join the list:-!

John, Ocean Frontiers definitely has the ability from a boat perspective, but it comes down to room availability.

Then there's the issue of group size. Places such as restaurants, aren't typically that big. If we all try and go eat together as a group, it's more difficult finding a place that can take that many people.

· Registered
868 Posts
Pete, glad to see you join the list:-!

John, Ocean Frontiers definitely has the ability from a boat perspective, but it comes down to room availability.

Then there's the issue of group size. Places such as restaurants, aren't typically that big. If we all try and go eat together as a group, it's more difficult finding a place that can take that many people.
Ty ... We can always BBQ at the resort!!! All take turns fixing up a meal ... hahahaha Rooms could be an issue ...:think:

· Registered
4,075 Posts
Damn Pete a day late and a dollar short!
My middle name, John. There is some method in the madness. I thought that by sticking my name down and taking a chance, it forces me to dig out the fins, snorkel and mask and go do some diving over the summer. Gets me off my arse and if the Searaiders gig comes off I'm up to speed with you guys. If it doesn't come off you have my permission to abuse me mercilessly at the Cussler convention;-) I use to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...........

Pete

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I won't cancel, but my wife is not coming... Although she was not registered as a diver.

I can't wait! It'll be great to meet y'all! And I do hope we can accomodate the late comers, good people all of'em... :)
I hate to hear that Claire won't be able to make it. I hope she's well.

I'm with you, I can't wait either. I know I said it in my 2007 trip report, but it really is true....the best thing about a trip like this, are the people that you meet. I made two great friends last year, and I can't wait to make nine more.:)

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Hi Guys,
I saw the last post and my heart started to go faster!!! I'm I in or not yet. Should I start to think about what watch I should take for my dive or it is still premature???:-s I missed for just few days!o|

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I saw the last post and my heart started to go faster!!! I'm I in or not yet. Should I start to think about what watch I should take for my dive or it is still premature???:-s I missed for just few days!o|
Michael,

Not yet, still premature.:)

Francois' wife was a non-diver, so we're still full at 12 divers. In the event that a diver cancels, you'll be the first to know.

Hang in there, it's still very early.

· Registered
2,076 Posts
I will not be able to go...

My work schedule for next November (just out) will not allow me to accompany you guys.

While I feel very sorry to miss out on this great opportunity, I am happy that someone else will get the chance to go and enjoy the great company & diving.

Have a great time!

François

· Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: I will not be able to go...

My work schedule for next November (just out) will not allow me to accompany you guys.

While I feel very sorry to miss out on this great opportunity, I am happy that someone else will get the chance to go and enjoy the great company & diving.

Have a great time!

François
Oh man.....really sorry Francois.:-( You'll be greatly missed, but I completely understand. Keep us in mind for 2009...we'll save you a spot.:)

· Registered
1,585 Posts
One Canadian is replacing another Canadian. I'm glad that my turn has come. I'm looking forward to it.!!! Let the diving begin!!!

· Registered
11,662 Posts
MTJO, I might do some more "tune up" diving this Summer, either up in Tobermory or over in Penetanguishene. Maybe you'd like to join me?

· Registered
359 Posts
Folks,

It is with great regret that I have to withdraw from this year's Searaiders...instead, I will be in Hawaii in December with my girlfriend, where I plan to propose to her. This coming from the guy who swore he'd never get married...

Anyway, my vacation time at work and funds being limited, I can't justify both trips, so I have to cancel this one. Although disappointed in not being able to meet everyone and have a blast diving, I'm looking forward to my other trip and my other journey with Cindy. :)

I've let Lesley at Ocean Frontiers know, so I guess the first person on the waiting list is now in.

Wish I could be there with you guys, but at the end of the day, it wasn't too difficult a choice, if you know what I mean. ;-)

Cheers mates,

Avi

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.