WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

821 - 828 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
This may not be a neutral place to ask this, but do you feel the largish crown with guards at 4 o’clock makes the watch too casual for office dress? I know it depends on me, my office, and a bunch of other things, but curios for opinions.

Odds are it is a dealbreaker for me - just the fact that I’m asking means I probably wouldn’t be comfortable with it. But I’m prepared to be convinced otherwise.

I’m looking for my ‘one watch’ and this in black on the bracelet is close to what Im after.
I don’t know how much convincing I can do other than to echo what you’ve already said. The black SRPE55 on the bracelet is dressy enough.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
This may not be a neutral place to ask this, but do you feel the largish crown with guards at 4 o’clock makes the watch too casual for office dress? I know it depends on me, my office, and a bunch of other things, but curios for opinions.

Odds are it is a dealbreaker for me - just the fact that I’m asking means I probably wouldn’t be comfortable with it. But I’m prepared to be convinced otherwise.

I’m looking for my ‘one watch’ and this in black on the bracelet is close to what Im after.
Imho, the 4-o-clock crown isn’t at all an issue. The Seiko 5 I wear as my dress watch has a 4-o-clock crown.

The main issue for me is the 40mm diameter. If it were 38mm, it would be a slam dunk as my most favored watch. As it is, it’s just a hair too big

·
Registered
0 Posts
Got the SRPE55 a few months ago. Also got the sinn 556i a few weeks ago. Can honestly say the seiko holds its own with the sinn costing about 8-10x more. If I could change one thing it is to reduce the case size to around 38mm and to increase the dial size. Too much bezel around the crystal. Other than that it is a wonderful watch. Bonus points if you get a jubilee bracelet on it too.

·
Registered
49 Posts

It does make it less dressy, both the position and the size. But chances are if you work in a place where people care enough about wristwatches and appearance to even consider it, they'd sneer at a Seiko anyway.

Good thing is, it's dressier than a diver and you can really change its appearance by putting it on a nicer bracelet (and maybe swapping the hands while you're at it). I've got mine on a medium sized mesh and it looks killer.

Got the SRPE55 a few months ago. Also got the sinn 556i a few weeks ago. Can honestly say the seiko holds its own with the sinn costing about 8-10x more. If I could change one thing it is to reduce the case size to around 38mm and to increase the dial size. Too much bezel around the crystal. Other than that it is a wonderful watch. Bonus points if you get a jubilee bracelet on it too. View attachment 15943539
Agreed. It's not so much bezel that it's a dealbreaker, but they could've definitely slimmed it down.

I think the easiest way to get around it is picking which model you get. I have the 55 as well - matte black dial and shiny bezel draws attention to the latter. Get one of the sunburst dials with matted bezel and chances are you'll notice it less.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Curious thing. Neither Macy’s nor Kohl’s carry the black version. At least it’s not listed on their websites. Any idea why? Perhaps the black versions are in shorter supply?

I ordered my 55 from amazon.

821 - 828 of 828 Posts