WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

281 - 300 of 7587 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Could you verify a serial number beginning with 38 as being a '69 Speedmaster Pro? Mine has that number, but I see the it should have either a 26 or a 27?

Tks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ordered a black and grey NATO for my speedy. The original Omega band is starting to come apart so I needed a replacement. I have the same band for my Submariner and like it so I decided to get another one. From the way it looks on yours I think I will be happy. Here is a pic of what it is going on once it arrives. Cheers.

P1020995.JPG

·
Registered
Butler J80, Omega Speedmaster, Scurfa MS17, Marathon Navigator
672 Posts
Thanks to anyone who recommended the Hirsch Carbon strap in this and other threads. Just got mine last week and it's a perfect choice for the Speedmaster.

Reactions: MH434 and Desotti

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just got confirmation from Omega (Customer Care, Swatch Group US) of two things I'd heard in the forums but wanted to get the official answer on (sorry if this is elementary stuff: it wasn't for me!):

- It is NOT recommended that a manual watch be wound while being worn on the wrist. I couldn't find this in Omega's manual, but I'd heard the same from others and I just wanted to confirm it.

- It is OK to hack the seconds by applying back pressure to the crown, even if the second hand starts to move backward. The maunal mentions this technique, but does not address possible backwards motion. The OK from Omega contradicts several posts I have read stating that the back-pressure hacking technique puts excessive wear on the movement.

Hope this helps somebody!

·
Registered
596 Posts
^ On your first point do you wound while literally on the wrist? If winding I wind in the morning before I put it on. Is that what you mean?

In other words, would it be best to wind after I take it off at night before I go to sleep (ie. wind and then let it rest)?

·
Registered
672 Posts
^ On your first point do you wound while literally on the wrist? If winding I wind in the morning before I put it on. Is that what you mean?

In other words, would it be best to wind after I take it off at night before I go to sleep (ie. wind and then let it rest)?
I was specifically asking about whether it's ok to wind while the watch is on the wrist (I don't do it, but I was curious if I could). My question to Omega didn't get into any details about wind then wear versus wind then rest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
New forum member and Omega owner here.
Here's my new-to-me Speedmaster Auto [Reduced], Ref. 3510.50.
Looking forward to many years from this daily driver!
One thing I'd like feedback on is there's a number on the back, same length as a Serial, but the actual number seems to high to be authentic. Also, as far as I know, Serials weren't inscribed on the back when it was made. So the number isn't original to the watch, right?
Thanks, gents. Looking forward to lots of great discussion on the boards. Without further ado...
DSCN0876 (800x618).jpg
DSCN0877 (800x800).jpg
DSCN0878 (800x800).jpg
DSCN0879 (800x800).jpg
DSCN0880 (800x800).jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi everyone! i've been a looong time lurker and this will be my firs time posting.
i recently acquired a Speedmaster Professional cal.1861 with a hesalite dial
i've had it for a month now and it still captures my eyes every single time it goes on my wrist!
honestly, its a daily struggle to decide between the speedy pro and my newly acquired nomos tangente gangreserve!
absolutely love the watch!!
photo-1.JPG

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 1967 Speedy c.321 in his brand.new 1171 bracelet. I really LOVE this watch, y buy it 2 months ago and i use it EVERYDAY, i just take it of to take a shower so im starting to think about doing it just three times a week jaja.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Could you verify a serial number beginning with 38 as being a '69 Speedmaster Pro? Mine has that number, but I see the it should have either a 26 or a 27?
38 million would be about 1974. 1969 would be 28 to 31 million.

281 - 300 of 7587 Posts