Registered
57 Posts
My sapphire sandwich. watch1.JPG

Reactions: eduardo_gomez

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, I just discovered the forum, so thanks for having me

I have never really been a "watch" guy. About a year ago, when searching for a 30th birthday present for myself, I gave long thought to a nice watch - but also a nice watch that I could wear every day without too much fear of it being damaged, scratched or stop working. I settled without too much trouble on the Speedmaster - I am an Aerospace Engineer and the history, pedigree and construction of this particular watch very much appealed to me. The decision was made, and down I went to my local reputable jewler to make the purchase of a brand new Speedy. Here is my Speedmaster. It's just a "stock" standard model, nothing special, but it is a special one for me.

Apologies for the average photography - this is my first time photographing watches! Oh, and you will note some wear and tear - like I said, I wear this watch everyday (and love it to death).

I have found that I have now also become interested in some of the older model Omegas from the 50s / 60s (Seamaster, Constellation, Cosmic etc) as these seem quite elegant and relatively cheap (relative to the cost of a new watch, that is). I have my first 60s era Connie and a 50s era Speedmaster on the way as we speak, and I am hoping to use this fine forum to help educate myself before making some more purchases. I think this watch thing may be contagious!

Thanks!

BC

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, I just discovered the forum, so thanks for having me

I have never really been a "watch" guy. About a year ago, when searching for a 30th birthday present for myself, I gave long thought to a nice watch - but also a nice watch that I could wear every day without too much fear of it being damaged, scratched or stop working. I settled without too much trouble on the Speedmaster - I am an Aerospace Engineer and the history, pedigree and construction of this particular watch very much appealed to me. The decision was made, and down I went to my local reputable jewler to make the purchase of a brand new Speedy. Here is my Speedmaster. It's just a "stock" standard model, nothing special, but it is a special one for me.

Apologies for the average photography - this is my first time photographing watches! Oh, and you will note some wear and tear - like I said, I wear this watch everyday (and love it to death).

I have found that I have now also become interested in some of the older model Omegas from the 50s / 60s (Seamaster, Constellation, Cosmic etc) as these seem quite elegant and relatively cheap (relative to the cost of a new watch, that is). I have my first 60s era Connie and a 50s era Speedmaster on the way as we speak, and I am hoping to use this fine forum to help educate myself before making some more purchases. I think this watch thing may be contagious!

Thanks!

BC
BC, yes, contagious as it always has!

And congratulations on your new fond love, nice piece and great choice!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
speedmasterSM.jpg

Hey everybody,

I'm new to WUS and would like to join this thread with my '03 Speedie Auto Reduced 3510.50.00. It is a great watch and in my humble opinion doesn't deserve to be treated as inferior by hardcore Pro owners. I tend to see it as a completely individual watch with its own "soul". It sits on my small wrist perfectly and doesn't catch too much attention. I know it never made it to the Moon but who cares ;) Sorry for any English imperfections, I live in the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
View attachment 745740

Hey everybody,

I'm new to WUS and would like to join this thread with my '03 Speedie Auto Reduced 3510.50.00. It is a great watch and in my humble opinion doesn't deserve to be treated as inferior by hardcore Pro owners. I tend to see it as a completely individual watch with its own "soul". It sits on my small wrist perfectly and doesn't catch too much attention. I know it never made it to the Moon but who cares ;) Sorry for any English imperfections, I live in the Czech Republic.
Congrats on your Speedy Auto. Yes its a great watch and I personally think it showcases Omega's quality. Time keeping is excellent!

Mine says hi...

IMG_0429s.jpg

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
So I have this 3570.50.00...

and now I have this 3873.50.31...

ok...ok....it's just the 3570.50.00 "matching" perfectly with the Hirsch Duke:-!

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I have finally joined the Speedmaster Pro club with a 3590.50. Here it is on a Hirsch leather strap, it came with a 1479 bracelet which I like very much also.

Speedmaster_Hirsch.JPG

301 - 320 of 7542 Posts