WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

421 - 440 of 7561 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got this Speedy since the end of April '12 and posted it in a seperate thread but apparently haven't posted it in this one, so here you go:

It's a Speedmaster Apollo 15 40th Anniversary

7803398234_6e492ce8e7_b.jpg

And the caseback looks like this.

8398132048_c3386d7299_b.jpg

I have been very happy with this piece, it's the flagship of my rather small beginnerscollection.
It's an honour to belong to the Speedmaster Club. ;-) Thanks for showing your beauties guys!

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
"Greetings" ...and joining the club on my first post!
By far the best and most appreciated watch in my small collection....

My 3570.50: shot today through a Jewelers loupe on an IPad2

And "Memory lane" (3 months ago) @ the "Omega Boutique": The moment of sizing and that first wrist shot!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Joined the club today. I should have done this sooner! Such an iconic and comfortable watch. This thing will be constantly fighting the explorer for wrist time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's a good looking watch! |> I'd love to hear what you think of it.
I love it. i was a tiny bit concerned about the 40 mm size, but it fits my wrist perfectly (my PO 8500 is 45mm in comparison). I love the movement also. ive heard many complaints about the F Piguet based 3313 movements, but the 3330 in the SMR is based on the Longines L688 column wheel chrono, with a coax escapement and silicon balance wheel to boot. its definitely my new favorite.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love it. i was a tiny bit concerned about the 40 mm size, but it fits my wrist perfectly (my PO 8500 is 45mm in comparison). I love the movement also. ive heard many complaints about the F Piguet based 3313 movements, but the 3330 in the SMR is based on the Longines L688 column wheel chrono, with a coax escapement and silicon balance wheel to boot. its definitely my new favorite.
Cheers! I think that a visit to my local AD is in order soon. Need to get a second and maybe a third look on the SMR. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
After much lurking and drooling at the Speedy pics, I finally decided to join the club:

I was initially set on sapphire, but after seeing them side by side, I couldn't pass up the look of the hesalite. Also, due to some recommendations from other forum members, I was able to find a GREAT DC-based local AD. Could not have been happier with the overall process.

I've been reading through all of the strap threads, and I already have a Hirsch Modena (dark brown) + RHD deployant on order. I think the Speedy on leather will be a good complement to the sportier PO, and I'll post pictures once all is installed. Any other suggestions or advice for a first-time owner?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I don't own a Speedmaster, and for the foreseeable future I won't, but one day... It's just a beautiful piece of design.

421 - 440 of 7561 Posts