WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

481 - 500 of 7587 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice! So you pulled the trigger. Great choice.

Did you buy it from an AD? Gray market?

I'm still looking for a good deal myself. Full retail is 3410 euro ($ 4440) in the Netherlands. But I come across online gray market options for about 2500 euro ($ 3250). Big difference...
Thank you, I cannot stop looking at it :)
I bought it from AD in Vienna for 2800 euro. This was the lowest AD price I found since vast majority of ADs are not willing to go under 10% discount from retail.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all,

I picked up a brand new Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 (sn 777721xx) a few weeks ago from an AD and have been loving it ever since. During my first day back to work with it (airline pilot), I reached behind my seat for the logbook and felt my watch touch the back of the seat... two deep scratches to the face of the hesalite crystal. I was disappointed to say the least. On to the WUS forum and found a very helpful and descriptive post by WUS member 'jean-michel' on how to resolve this issue. I found polyWatch in Portland OR and with about 7 minutes of polishing, the two fairly deep scratches were taken right out. Go slow and be patient. I couldn't believe the difference; my watch looks brand new again. I couldn't be more happy with the results and would suggest it to anybody looking to clean up their hesalite crystal.

I wish I had before and after pictures!

Little did I know that polyWatch actually comes with a polishing cloth in the package - would have saved me a trip around town for microfiber and 1000 grit sandpaper that I didn't need either of... for next time!

Thought I'd share!

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi all,

I picked up a brand new Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 (sn 777721xx) a few weeks ago from an AD and have been loving it ever since. During my first day back to work with it (airline pilot), I reached behind my seat for the logbook and felt my watch touch the back of the seat... two deep scratches to the face of the hesalite crystal. I was disappointed to say the least. On to the WUS forum and found a very helpful and descriptive post by WUS member 'jean-michel' on how to resolve this issue. I found polyWatch in Portland OR and with about 7 minutes of polishing, the two fairly deep scratches were taken right out. Go slow and be patient. I couldn't believe the difference; my watch looks brand new again. I couldn't be more happy with the results and would suggest it to anybody looking to clean up their hesalite crystal.

I wish I had before and after pictures!

Little did I know that polyWatch actually comes with a polishing cloth in the package - would have saved me a trip around town for microfiber and 1000 grit sandpaper that I didn't need either of... for next time!

Thought I'd share!

Cheers! :)
though the hesalite is easier to scratch the fact that it is so easy to repair gives me peace of mind. The hesalite was at first one of the reasons I was not sure I wanted the watch, now it is one of the main reasons why I love it, from both an aesthetic and utilitarian perspective.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
First time Omega owner and my first high end watch. I have had many other mid and lower end watches, but nothing like this. I got my 3750.50 off the bay from a reputable dealer it came in the mail on Monday, but it needed extra links to fit my 7.5" wrist. I had to wait till Thursday for the extra links for my 1998/840 bracelet to come in from Ofrei. So it's now finally on my wrist. It's everything I'd hoped it would be- a classic piece of history I can wear. There's a 1/8th scratch at 12 that I knew about when I bought the watch, but it's nothing a little pollywatch can't fix. Here's my first wrist shot with it.

View attachment 1001355

·
Registered
392 Posts
First time Omega owner and my first high end watch. I have had many other mid and lower end watches, but nothing like this. I got my 3750.50 off the bay from a reputable dealer it came in the mail on Monday, but it needed extra links to fit my 7.5" wrist. I had to wait till Thursday for the extra links for my 1998/840 bracelet to come in from Ofrei. So it's now finally on my wrist. It's everything I'd hoped it would be- a classic piece of history I can wear. There's a 1/8th scratch at 12 that I knew about when I bought the watch, but it's nothing a little pollywatch can't fix. Here's my first wrist shot with it.

View attachment 1001355

LOL! I took the exact same picture 10 years ago when I bought my first BMW out of College. My Speedmaster was a graduation gift from my Dad.

Reactions: flyinghell34

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ooh! I wanna play! My Michael Schumacher Edition 2006. I love this watch because it reminds me of my favorite Paul Newman Daytona.

·
Registered
12 Posts
LOL! I took the exact same picture 10 years ago when I bought my first BMW out of College. My Speedmaster was a graduation gift from my Dad.

What model is this? Applied metal logo, metal rings around the subdials and spacing of the subdials is different than on the Moonwatch?

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well 2 years after buying my PO saying I was done with watches I had the urge to flip my Tag F1 for a mechanical watch. Originally intending to go for the reduced auto I was persuaded to go for the pro after reading the threads on here.

So here's mine.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

481 - 500 of 7587 Posts