WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

501 - 520 of 7562 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well, after a long time lurking on this lovely forum, I've finally joined the ranks of WIS's. This is my first post, with a picture of my first mechanical watch. I got it a few weeks ago from an eBay seller who is well regarded on this forum. I love this watch! It literally goes on any strap. Today, it's a NATO in olive green.

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
After months of debating and waiting...

Yeah, you guessed it... I'm a Speedy owner since today!

Got it new from an online dealer though, so I have to visit a jeweler tomorrow to make the bracelet fit.
Then I'll post a pic.

I just found out I can't hack the second hand. Did not expect that. Makes it quite hard to synchronise the watch accurately.

But very psyched right now!

·
Registered
Butler J80, Omega Speedmaster, Scurfa MS17, Marathon Navigator
672 Posts
I just found out I can't hack the second hand. Did not expect that. Makes it quite hard to synchronise the watch accurately.
Not a problem. Very easy to hack using the method right out of the Omega manual:

I wrote Omega USA to ask if this could damage the movement over time, especially if the second hand is allowed to go backwards: they confirmed that this back-hack method is safe for the movement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks! Didn't know that was in the book.

I did notice that when setting the time backwards, the seconds hand also moved backwards. That was kind of weird. My problem so far with the 'hacking method' is that when I move the crown slightly backwards, the minutes hand also shifts a bit, resulting in a position somewhere between the minute markers, instead of right on top of one. Or does that just take some practice?

·
Registered
Butler J80, Omega Speedmaster, Scurfa MS17, Marathon Navigator
672 Posts
Thanks! Didn't know that was in the book.

I did notice that when setting the time backwards, the seconds hand also moved backwards. That was kind of weird. My problem so far with the 'hacking method' is that when I move the crown slightly backwards, the minutes hand also shifts a bit, resulting in a position somewhere between the minute markers, instead of right on top of one. Or does that just take some practice?
My minute hand moves a little every time I push the crown back in. It moves the same amount every time, so it just takes a little practice, and it's easy to make it hit right on the mark.

501 - 520 of 7562 Posts