WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

681 - 700 of 7562 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
One never forgets one's first love............
i still got her though.......Get same goosebumps as i first held her ;-)

Omega close up 02.jpg

Reactions: garydusa

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is this only for those "Professionals" or are us common Speedmaster Automatic Date people allowed?

Reactions: garydusa

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Is this only for those "Professionals" or are us common Speedmaster Automatic Date people allowed? Pic is internet sourced, don't have a pic of mine handy, but you get the idea.
Well, others have been posted since the very 1st page, so I think it's for any Speedmaster now. (nice one, btw). :-!

You should have your own pic, though. ;-)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, others have been posted since the very 1st page, so I think it's for any Speedmaster now. (nice one, btw). :-!

Maybe I'll get one with my steering wheel for that other thread.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got this 145-012 off ebay last year, got the movement serviced by Archer and a new bracelet. Wouldn't wear it until I paid off the CC so had it almost a year now, finally get to enjoy it. I LOVE this watch, but it's not great for me as a daily wear (no date and no auto) so now I think I need a rolex exp II polar (40mm) in the rotation. Time to start saving up.....

P1000995_small.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts

Ok, updated now with a real pic.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Two years after getting my first Swiss Made watch and learning more from you all in the forum, finally I have made my most expensive watch purchase yet earlier this year.

It was down to the Moonwatch and the Rolex Explorer and I decided with Omega on this round. Settled for a Sapphire Sandwich 3573 as I am a big fan of open casebacks.

I am really torn now with a TAG, Ball and Omega so I will have to rotate my daily routine.

What I really liked about the Omega was the history of the Moonwatch and also the manual mechanical wind. I have enjoyed winding the watch every two days in the morning, very soothing and therapeutic. And also believe me, I had been researching the previous two months in detail regarding the hesalite vs sapphire issue but finally chose what my heart wanted (thank you for all your forum contributions, it certainly helped!)
So back to the drawing board and let’s see what I get the next time! :)

Best,
jwny

IMG_20140207_132602.jpg

681 - 700 of 7562 Posts