WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

7141 - 7160 of 7207 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spent the better part of the morning flipping through my strap collection. I have heard that this thing is a strap monster, however nothing felt like ”it”! Usually i don’t like to wear a bracelet but with this one it’s just a must for me.

Also, i never thought i would even be interested in Speedmaster, to me it was maybe the most common higher end watch in the world - and i kind of was more “off the beaten path” with my watches. But once i tried there was no going back - i even ended up selling my previous grail watch, not because the money but because i fell in love with this instead.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,

I am pleased to join this club on Speedy Tuesday after receiving my Moonwatch last Friday! Thank you to the members here who shared their thoughts and experiences with me.

After a number of years of consideration, this was simply the watch that "spoke" to me most and felt the best on my wrist. I originally started looking at divers and dress watches, but I soon realized I was much more undecided about what I liked best in those categories, than I was about wanting this watch. I will revisit other temptations down the road.

I got used to it at home over the weekend and this week it has joined me at the office for Monday and Tuesday. Winding it each morning with my coffee and news has been enjoyable before setting out for the days' endeavours or "mission" if you will ;). I catch myself gazing at this watch. It has a pleasing cleanness in its lines and contrasts, while remaining understated. I have also come to love how the crystal distorts and "bends" the hands and markers at certain angles.

Yes, I am the kind that sometimes leaves the plastic on things for a couple of days, so I left it on the bracelet to see how much of a scuff situation the bracelet may face at my desk/keyboard (I knew I had a couple of fairly private days in my personal office with no client meetings, so I would not horrify anyone with the plastic.) I got my answer and will pull remaining plastic tonight. I am starting to look for strap options and expect a black leather or alligator strap may be its main office setup, while I may return to the bracelet for weekend and casual wear.

It seems to fit decently well under my cuffs and go well with my suits. I am aware of formal dress protocols but it works for me in all attire outside of a black suit, tuxedo or swim trunks, so I plan to wear and enjoy it regularly in my work and casual clothes.

Cheers to the Speedy and the Speedy Club, I am thrilled with mine and expect it to be a forever watch.

P.S. Please pardon the picture quality, it's been cloudy/snowy with low light here and I am new to watch pictures :)

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Speedy + pups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7141 - 7160 of 7207 Posts