WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

7161 - 7180 of 7207 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Not in the same league as most here but can I still join?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Welcome aboard!!

Nice FOIS!! I've always liked that chocolatey colour of that oem strap. I wonder if they make it in a 20mm?🤔

René

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, new member here. Been a member on omegaforums for a bit but just discovering you all. I dont have pics to post yet but working on my first speedy pro purchase and going back and forth between a NIB version or an 80s version. Ive seen some online for about 4900. Any advice? Hesalite was my plan whether new or used. And i'm aware that the Cal is similar but not the same.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, new member here. Been a member on omegaforums for a bit but just discovering you all. I dont have pics to post yet but working on my first speedy pro purchase and going back and forth between a NIB version or an 80s version. Ive seen some online for about 4900. Any advice? Hesalite was my plan whether new or used. And i'm aware that the Cal is similar but not the same.
Welcome to the Club, Bdub99!
If you don‘t have your own Speedy yet then feel free to post pics of the ones you are eyeing :cool:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
20201117_092519.jpg

René

·
Premium Member
3,937 Posts
Got tired of beating up my OEM bracelet. Strapcode had a decent deal going so, I figured I would check out the options for my Speedy Pro.

·
Registered
260 Posts
SO, I was just told as an AD that Omegas are changing their movement next year and the shipment of Speedmasters going out with the current movement will be the last. I haven't been able to verify, but I thought I'd share. I had this conversation while pondering buying a pre-owned, but immaculately conditioned 1986 Speedy.

Reactions: thewodg

·
Registered
260 Posts
SO, I was just told as an AD that Omegas are changing their movement next year and the shipment of Speedmasters going out with the current movement will be the last. I haven't been able to verify, but I thought I'd share. I had this conversation while pondering buying a pre-owned, but immaculately conditioned 1986 Speedy.
sorry. poorly written. trying again.

SO, I was just told at an AD that Omega is changing their movement for Speedmasters next year and the shipment of Speedmasters going out with the current movement will be the last. I haven't been able to verify, but I thought I'd share. I had this conversation while pondering buying a pre-owned, but immaculately conditioned 1986 Speedy.

·
Registered
843 Posts
sorry. poorly written. trying again.

SO, I was just told at an AD that Omega is changing their movement for Speedmasters next year and the shipment of Speedmasters going out with the current movement will be the last. I haven't been able to verify, but I thought I'd share. I had this conversation while pondering buying a pre-owned, but immaculately conditioned 1986 Speedy.
Which?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I joined the club last week. I bought new and the Hesalite crystal. I'm glad I did. I'm smitten with this thing. Both the watch itself and the bracelet are far better in person.

Going into it, I thought everyone bought a Speedmaster because, well... that's what you should. Any self-respecting watch nerd should have, right? But now I get it. Now I understand why the Speedmaster is so revered and a part of so many collections. I love this thing. Talk about nailing it the first time!

The biggest surprise of this whole thing is the bracelet. I'm quite impressed with its quality. It also should tell you that experience with watch bracelets up to this point were not great.

7161 - 7180 of 7207 Posts