WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

7201 - 7220 of 7538 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’d describe it as milky way ring to stick with the space theme. Sure you can clearly see the difference. I couldn’t decide so I was able to source both. I actually wear sapphire more than hesalite. It wears a hair smaller because of the ring. I do enjoy both of them. Definitely my two favorites. Timeless pieces.

·
Registered
377 Posts

Speedmaster Moonphase. Such a great piece.
Glad to be a member of the, "Club"...

A bit bored at work with some free time on my hands, combined with an extreme interest in adding a Speedmaster to my collection caused me to take a hard look at the lineup again. I just went through about 50 or so pages of this thread and, while I saw a few moonphases, I didn't see as many as I had expected. These were not the only ones, and I saw a few of the blue aventurine dial, which is absolutely awesome, but I think if I am really going to go for a Speedmaster, it will be this one with the blue dial. I just find it to be absolutely stunning and I feel like a moonphase should be set against a blue background.

My question is, the blue does not appear to be offered on the metal bracelet on Omega's website, and every one I see for sale comes on the leather strap, but I see this one above on the factory bracelet. Is that an option you can specify with an Omega AD? I do not want to purchase from a boutique as I know I can get a much better price elsewhere. Maybe I buy it on leather then order the bracelet separately?

I find this to be an ideal next watch to my collection as I feel like I "need" a chronograph and something about the moonphase really appeals to me, but I really want it on the factory bracelet that also has the micro adjustment. I know it does not provide as much adjustment as the clasp on my Seamaster, but it looks like enough to get the job done. I really like the size of this watch (42.5mm) and actually found, when I tried it on, that it did not really wear larger than a 42mm Seamaster Diver 300, which I found very interesting and surprising. It is, however, much thicker, but I think I can deal with that as the raised sapphire adds a lot of character to the watch.

Any thoughts and more info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A bit bored at work with some free time on my hands, combined with an extreme interest in adding a Speedmaster to my collection caused me to take a hard look at the lineup again. I just went through about 50 or so pages of this thread and, while I saw a few moonphases, I didn't see as many as I had expected. These were not the only ones, and I saw a few of the blue aventurine dial, which is absolutely awesome, but I think if I am really going to go for a Speedmaster, it will be this one with the blue dial. I just find it to be absolutely stunning and I feel like a moonphase should be set against a blue background.

My question is, the blue does not appear to be offered on the metal bracelet on Omega's website, and every one I see for sale comes on the leather strap, but I see this one above on the factory bracelet. Is that an option you can specify with an Omega AD? I do not want to purchase from a boutique as I know I can get a much better price elsewhere. Maybe I buy it on leather then order the bracelet separately?

I find this to be an ideal next watch to my collection as I feel like I "need" a chronograph and something about the moonphase really appeals to me, but I really want it on the factory bracelet that also has the micro adjustment. I know it does not provide as much adjustment as the clasp on my Seamaster, but it looks like enough to get the job done. I really like the size of this watch (42.5mm) and actually found, when I tried it on, that it did not really wear larger than a 42mm Seamaster Diver 300, which I found very interesting and surprising. It is, however, much thicker, but I think I can deal with that as the raised sapphire adds a lot of character to the watch.

Any thoughts and more info is much appreciated.
These moonphases are absolutely beautiful, I really should look away now and quickly. Several nice twists, but the moon phase window alone is something. Blue is a good look but I also like the black a lot.

I think the right AD would be a good place to ask your questions, I can send a contact if you need. I have my own bracelet question about whether a No Time To Die OEM Milanese bracelet or ProPlof can be ordered for a standard SMP (and also what they might set a fellow back). I am imagining a blue SMP300 ordered on rubber with either mentioned OEM bracelet to swap between.

Cheers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does anyone happen to know what is the magnetic resistance of hesalite speedy? The one with the anti-magnetic plate.

7201 - 7220 of 7538 Posts