WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

7481 - 7500 of 7539 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,209 Posts
All sorts of greatness in these photos

Great watch, of course, great deck, great (well yummy actually) food but most of all, great dog!
Thank you.......my lady Akita Kilo....the furry love of my life!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
That new Hesalite ,,, OMG , I have to have one.. I really do.....

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well, that didn't take long.

Thought it over and came to a pretty easy conclusion that, much the same way I prefer to buy cars, I'd rather get one of the final examples of the outgoing than a first example of the new. The savings over the 3861 were also not insignificant to me, though not as much as I'd hoped I could score. Unfortunately they recognized there may be a higher demand for the outgoing, lol. Went for Hesalite in the name of comfort, and decided not to go with the bracelet that I would have never worn anyways... Though I probably could have left it unworn and sold it towards the new style when those become available (d'oh)

I've already bonked the crystal into a couple shelves at home, and was pleasantly surprised to not see a single mark. I like the factory leather more than I thought I would, which is certainly good, but will have to see how it wears in over the next couple weeks.

Anyways, happy to be "part of the club" again!

·
Registered
696 Posts
The new ones are neat, but if I was to hunt down another speedy it would be the 50th anniversary edition. Enamel dial, column wheel+vertical clutch and 100m water resistance.

For now, I love my regular speedy and don’t see myself parting with it!
Have a great week!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyone else notice Omega raised MSRP for previous references?

Older moonwatch still on their site, but with higher price tag.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can bring it to an Omega boutique or if you are doing it yourself, place a piece of tape before and after the lug you are unscrewing and take your time.
I've done a po and seamster 300 bracelet a few times without issue.
Should have thought of the tape trick myself. Thanks!

i have a small electronics screwdriver set with all the necessary sized bits......would also recommend, if doing yourself, that you use a black sheet for when you inevitably drop one of the tiny screws!

......I also found the loupe to be very helpful for my old eyes!
Yup, that's what I have on order. Had an old set, but the tips got bent. Good advice on the black sheet. Already had a spring bar shoot across the room. Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, that didn't take long.

View attachment 15643744

View attachment 15643745

Thought it over and came to a pretty easy conclusion that, much the same way I prefer to buy cars, I'd rather get one of the final examples of the outgoing than a first example of the new. The savings over the 3861 were also not insignificant to me, though not as much as I'd hoped I could score. Unfortunately they recognized there may be a higher demand for the outgoing, lol. Went for Hesalite in the name of comfort, and decided not to go with the bracelet that I would have never worn anyways... Though I probably could have left it unworn and sold it towards the new style when those become available (d'oh)

I've already bonked the crystal into a couple shelves at home, and was pleasantly surprised to not see a single mark. I like the factory leather more than I thought I would, which is certainly good, but will have to see how it wears in over the next couple weeks.

Anyways, happy to be "part of the club" again!
Which one is this? And what case size? Looks great.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well, one day in and as the strap has worn in, it's now a little looser than I'd like for my tiny wrists. Guess I'm gonna need to look into other strap options.

Which one is this? And what case size? Looks great.
This is the outgoing gen, hesalite model, standard 42mm case, and thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
After the factory strap started to wear in and become too loose, fortunately I found this random suede around at home. Wasn’t too sure at first, but now I absolutely love it! Don’t even think I want the Hirsch James I was looking at, but might try to find a similar suede in a size more suited to me.

Also, guess this is my first Tuesday with it.

My office lighting is very non-conducive to good watch photos, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7481 - 7500 of 7539 Posts