WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

7521 - 7540 of 7573 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
I'm thinking of getting my first Speedy and wanted thoughts on this one. Does anyone have one and do they like it? Any issues?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
20210113_091233.jpg

René

·
Registered
583 Posts
Why’s everyone making a big deal over hacking in the 3861? With an 1861 you can just roll them seconds back!

Something tells me that’s not supposed to happen, though. Pop the crown out to adjust the time and while I’m adjusting the minutes back, it starts moving the running seconds back....

Sadly, Tapatalk won’t let me upload the video.

EDIT: well, never mind. Called the omega boutique and that is normal / what it’s supposed to do. Never saw or heard about that before! Thought something was broken, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Why’s everyone making a big deal over hacking in the 3861? With an 1861 you can just roll them seconds back!

Something tells me that’s not supposed to happen, though. Pop the crown out to adjust the time and while I’m adjusting the minutes back, it starts moving the running seconds back....

Sadly, Tapatalk won’t let me upload the video.

EDIT: well, never mind. Called the omega boutique and that is normal / what it’s supposed to do. Never saw or heard about that before! Thought something was broken, haha.

3861 is very accurate and with that comes hacking.
As a long time Speedy fan and collector, it's mind blowing to have the movement hack.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Speedy!

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
3861 is very accurate and with that comes hacking.
As a long time Speedy fan and collector, it's mind blowing to have the movement hack.
I was mostly making a joke about what I thought was a broken watch. Turns out it's supposed to do that so you can run it back to set it semi-accurately, thought I'm not sure how important that is when I'm seeing about +12s/day with mine... Hopefully that's just break-in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was mostly making a joke about what I thought was a broken watch. Turns out it's supposed to do that so you can run it back to set it semi-accurately, thought I'm not sure how important that is when I'm seeing about +12s/day with mine... Hopefully that's just break-in.
I recommend to keep monitoring how it runs, and also experiment with different positions overnight. Mine was very consistently gaining about 10 seconds per day, and the very friendly service technician at the Omega Boutique regulated it for me (free of charge, under warranty).

Now it gains about 1-1.5 seconds per day, which is just spectacular from a 1861!
I also know the best storage position (face down in my case), and to slow it down I just keep it in the “crown down“ position once a week where it loses 5 seconds/day - this way I never need hacking or manual adjustment :cool:

(Please note that I wear my watch on my right wrist where the crown is mostly up, and hence crown down for me is the opposite position - YMMV)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Happy Friday, y’all!

Finally gave it the 630am lume check test, and it passed. Totally legible after wearing through the night.

I mentioned it in another thread on straps, but wanted to say here: if anyone’s a fan of thick, long-wearing leather, I’d definitely check out Shinola’s watch straps.

I recommend to keep monitoring how it runs, and also experiment with different positions overnight. Mine was very consistently gaining about 10 seconds per day, and the very friendly service technician at the Omega Boutique regulated it for me (free of charge, under warranty).

Now it gains about 1-1.5 seconds per day, which is just spectacular from a 1861!
I also know the best storage position (face down in my case), and to slow it down I just keep it in the “crown down“ position once a week where it loses 5 seconds/day - this way I never need hacking or manual adjustment :cool:

(Please note that I wear my watch on my right wrist where the crown is mostly up, and hence crown down for me is the opposite position - YMMV)
Interesting, thank you! I figured I’d give it a week or two to “run-in” and then monitor more closely after that. When I bought it they told me they can regulate it at the OB, so if it’s anything more than +5/day, I’ll probably take it to them. I usually sleep with my watch on, but leaving it off may be something to consider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve owned strap monsters before, my PAM0000 comes to mind, but the speedy is the King of straps!

My order from Cheapestnatos finally got here from Germany, and I’ll have my hands full over the next few days as I work thru 2 space straps, 5 single pass Natos and a canvas strap......wish me luck!

View attachment 15646974
That's really good to know. I'd say I'm currently a Panerai guy slowly making the switch to Omegas. Part of appeal of Panerais has always been the exchange of straps so you say that the same is true for Speedmasters?

7521 - 7540 of 7573 Posts