WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

7701 - 7720 of 7760 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Because I have other things I should be doing, but don't want to right now, here's what I've observed tracking mine over the last week:

Set at 10am, 2/12
(All numbers indicated are overall gain, relative to being set)
Crown Down 8 hours: +0
Worn 6 hours: +5
Crown up 8 hours: +7
Worn 5 hours: +9
Worn X hours through that day, night, next day until midnight: +23
12 position up overnight: +25
Worn 16hrs: +31
Dial up overnight: +33
Worn 17 hours: +40
Worn overnight: +42
Through that day, 17 hours: +50
12 position down overnight: +52
12 Position up 9 hours: +55

This is with winding to full most every night, with my G-shock as the reference time.

At this rate, it's basically gained 1 minute in 7 days, didn't find any particular position that "slowed it down"

Don't know what this information might be worth to anyone, but there it is, haha.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Because I have other things I should be doing, but don't want to right now, here's what I've observed tracking mine over the last week:

Set at 10am, 2/12
(All numbers indicated are overall gain, relative to being set)
Crown Down 8 hours: +0
Worn 6 hours: +5
Crown up 8 hours: +7
Worn 5 hours: +9
Worn X hours through that day, night, next day until midnight: +23
12 position up overnight: +25
Worn 16hrs: +31
Dial up overnight: +33
Worn 17 hours: +40
Worn overnight: +42
Through that day, 17 hours: +50
12 position down overnight: +52
12 Position up 9 hours: +55

This is with winding to full most every night, with my G-shock as the reference time.

At this rate, it's basically gained 1 minute in 7 days, didn't find any particular position that "slowed it down"

Don't know what this information might be worth to anyone, but there it is, haha.
Crown down looks pretty good to me. Zero gain in 8 hours is good, isn't it?
Also, I do NOT wind mine every day but only every other day. That way it reaches a point where it runs pretty slow (since it reaches the end of its power), effectively cancelling out the time that it gained before. Maybe give this a try instead of winding it every day?

I know this might sound like a hassle but it truely is not. I simply wind it every other day in the morning after I get up. It is kind of a ritual. Combined with putting it crown down whenever I do not wear it, it effectively keeps perfect time overall. See Screenshot below.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Crown down looks pretty good to me. Zero gain in 8 hours is good, isn't it?
Also, I do NOT wind mine every day but only every other day. That way it reaches a point where it runs pretty slow (since it reaches the end of its power), effectively cancelling out the time that it gained before. Maybe give this a try instead of winding it every day?

I know this might sound like a hassle but it truely is not. I simply wind it every other day in the morning after I get up. It is kind of a ritual. Combined with putting it crown down whenever I do not wear it, it effectively keeps perfect time overall. See Screenshot below.
Yeah, I guess crown-down would be the closest hope I have. I still find having to place it in a certain orientation annoying, especially since I usually sleep with it on. I would go for the every-other-day approach, but I feel like I'll forget at some point which day to wind and not to wind it, and my usual ritual is to wind it every night after showering, before I put it back on.

7701 - 7720 of 7760 Posts