WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the situation on the standard Luminova Speedmaster Professional dials being "Not Available from Omega. We Cannot Supply" on ofrei.com?

Is this a temporary situation due to restricted supply, or a change in business practice by Omega or Otto Frei?

It's been that way for a while now. I wondered if this is a permanent situation considering it's not exotic and a part many people could need.

See OME-064PP3052001, Omega Speedmaster Professional Dial 3052001 at http://www.ofrei.com/page343.html

(Currently second from the top.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the situation on the standard Luminova Speedmaster Professional dials being "Not Available from Omega. We Cannot Supply" on ofrei.com?

Is this a temporary situation due to restricted supply, or a change in business practice by Omega or Otto Frei?

It's been that way for a while now. I wondered if this is a permanent situation considering it's not exotic and a part many people could need.

See OME-064PP3052001, Omega Speedmaster Professional Dial 3052001 at http://www.ofrei.com/page343.html

(Currently second from the top.)
AFAIK Omega doesn't make parts available to end-consumers. They only provide them to their authorized dealers/service-centers.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
If I remember correctly, these dials were for sale on Ofrei just a few months ago. I am also curious as to the reason that they are not for sale anymore.

Its interesting that they are not able to obtain the regular Speedy dial, but sell the limited edition ones.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
some places keep a parts on hand... Nick Hacko has a pretty large stock of parts handy for repairs

www.clockmaker.com.au

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just spoke to Kong (their Omega parts guy) over at Ofrei and he confirmed that it was late 2009 that they made the chage. He said that they kept trying to order this part from Omega and that they have simply stopped filling the orders for this dial.

Hmmm. That is interesting. Wonder if that mean the other dials will see a similar fate. Wonder if this is part of the new Omega going "upscale" strategy.

-Marc

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Thanks Marc

Now we know the story behind the statement.

I assumed it was just a batch issue. Easy to watch that page for signs of change, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts