WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a Promaster inbound(I was really hoping it would have landed today.....but no:-:)-( I'm really disappointed with that). My 0040 hasn't even landed yet and something else comes up.o|o|o|o|o| Now I'm faced with the decision:

1. Do I tap into my BM funds?(again)
2. Do I sell?

I don't want to do either, but I really want this one!:-s:-s:-s:-s:-s
Why does this have to happen to me?:roll::roll:

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
439 Posts
OldHippie1968,

Yeah, the old conundrum raises it's head again. My feeling is you have two choices. More really, but sounds like you have narrowed it down to two.

1) You have lived without a BM this long, what's a little longer going to matter?

2) If you have one (or more) watches you are not wearing or have not worn in quite a long time you might as well sell it (them) to free up the money for what you want now and will wear now.

Heck if it's really tough flip a coin and live with what the flip of the coin dictates. Heads for option #1, Tales for option #2.

Best of luck,
Mike

ps I would dip into the BM fund myself.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Sell!

It's all about the process of selling...in order to pick up something even more desirable...that makes it all worthwhile...in the end!

Angelis

·
Registered
871 Posts
I don't know what it is that's coming up fpr you, but I know there ain't many watches in this price range that I would sell my NY0040 for. Wait until you get it, wear it for a while, it's a lovely watch (that I would favour over a Monster anytimeb-))

Cheers,
Sebastian

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know what it is that's coming up fpr you, but I know there ain't many watches in this price range that I would sell my NY0040 for. Wait until you get it, wear it for a while, it's a lovely watch (that I would favour over a Monster anytimeb-))

Cheers,
Sebastian
I'm not selling my 0040, I'm waiting on one. I just raided my BM funds for that one, and now something else has grabbed my attention.

For the record, my BM fund(or whatever the flavor of the month is, watchwise) is my pocket change. Not kidding, I take what ever change I have and put it in a jar to save for my watches. That way the wifey can't be mad.;-);-)

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
249 Posts
What is that something that's come up?

The NY0400 is a great watch for the money and a classic in my book. You'd probably regret letting it go. I guess I would postpone the purchase of the BM a little longer, as I don't think it will become unavailable in the near future.

Just my 2 cents. ;-)

Cheers
Jan

Edit: Sorry, I got that wrong as well. What do you consider selling then?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is that something that's come up?

Sorry, I got that wrong as well. What do you consider selling then?
That's a tough question. I've got a couple in mind, but I'm afraid I'll regret the decision. BTW another Citi came up. This time a NY0054.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Just yesterday I sold 2 watches to fund/justify my incoming Skyhawk AT. While I liked both watches, they were getting right next to no wrist time. One thing I have found out about this hobby is that it takes time to find exactly what you really like. The Citi and Seiko that I let go yesterday were both "keepers" just 4-5 months ago. Last week out the blue decided to put them in the chopping block.

The point is this..... Get exactly what you want and do not make silly compromises here and there. The key is to get the piece that you will see yourself still wearing months and years down the road.

I am looking forward to my Skyhawk AT, which in hindsight, is the watch I should have gotten back in April when I opted for the Seiko equivalent instead. But I do not regret having owned that piece for nearly 5 months as I truly enjoyed my time with it.

After a couple of very good watch distractions, now my focus is 100% in getting that Citizen Grand Complication Signature Collection piece.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi,

"were both "keepers" just 4-5 months ago." :-d

I know what you mean. I had watches I would "never"sell, but .....

"The key is to get the piece that you will see yourself still wearing months and years down the road"

I think that's an illusion and utopia. There are so many very very very nice pieces around and new coming. Face it we are watchjunkies. :roll:

"I am looking forward to my Skyhawk AT"

You'll love it. It's such a pleasure to watch time go by with this one.

proost/cheers , Elfred

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
*****...............you guy's ARE a bunch of nuts. Don't buy it unless you can afford it! Real simple. LOL

:-d

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I pay for mine. No credit card, only debit. If I do not have the money, in the account, and it is not earmarked for that purpose, I do not spend it. It has worked very well for me. So, now I have money, not debt.

Save up, the watch will be there later.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I pay for mine. No credit card, only debit. If I do not have the money, in the account, and it is not earmarked for that purpose, I do not spend it. It has worked very well for me. So, now I have money, not debt.

Save up, the watch will be there later.
You sound like my wife:roll:;-)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, the wife made the decision real easily for me. She tapped out my watch funds so I could buy her a new cell phone.o|o|o|o|o| Maybe next time. Now to rebuild the change jar.

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts