WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn you all.................. ;-) Looks like I have caught the bug over the net, I virus if you like.

I am still awaiting the arrival of my X-33 (hopefully today) but already I am thinking of buying a speedmaster professional 3570.50.

I will be divorced by the end of the week at this rate :-x

I just dont think that I can exist with one and not the other.

Hopefully when my X-33 arrives it may curb my desire to get my next piece sooner rather than later.

Any idea's on how I can cure myself?

Regards,

Rob

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I guess it's time to resurrect this thread:

I am one of the few documented cases that went into the terminal stage with four Speedies and back to the three that I have now. I attribute it to divine intervention.

But I pray daily for jimmoose who is beyond terminal.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I told you I was infected. Just purchased a BNIB Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 with manual, box etc from an "antique" dealer here in Brisbane Australia.

A stunning piece at a fantastic price. Could not resist.

I was having my X-33 valued for insurance purposes (he loved it and said it was too nice and in too good a condition to wear) and we starting discussing the adoption of a speedy moon to compliment the mars.

He only got it in yesterday. He said for me to go away and think about it, I new if I did that someone else would take her.

Once I put her on it was all over such a classic look, very refined.

Cant wait to pick her up.

Once again I will get pictures soon, for now too excited to take any.

Rob

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Thank You Father John

Prayers can only help. Its a nasty virus, easily caught and almost impossible to cure. I am under constant treatment by an understanding wife that is ever watching and listning for the next potential purchase.
After a while, it will strain even the best discretionary watch fund.
Rob, buy with care and when crossing off new purchases from the top of the list, resist adding more than one to the bottom. If you are crossing off one and adding two, you've created a vicious circle. Resistance
is futile, just try to work with it.
Be careful Rob, this may happen to you.
Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
the cure:

cut off all internet, avoid all watch shops and ADs, look at people face head only and not at their wrists, speak nothing about watches.

i doubt it works after all.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I'm done for the year............

Jimmoose is just beyond anything ;-)

But we love him :-d
Morning Guys! And thanks Fergie!
I'm done with the watch bug for the year. Maybe. I think I can.
Avoiding the internet, ADs , watch forums and sales corners is
gonna be a hard one. With the proper counseling, I may be able to work this thing out. I would be more than happy to trade a Speedy for a pill that would make it better. I think I'll look on sales corner and see what they got.
jiim

·
Registered
282 Posts
the cure:

cut off all internet, avoid all watch shops and ADs, look at people face head only and not at their wrists, speak nothing about watches.

i doubt it works after all.
Go live in a Cave , far away from humanity where there is no need for a wrist watch :-d

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jimmoose, what can I say........... WOW!! Now that is a nice collection. I showed the pictures to the wife and she just shook her heard saying it must be a man thing, looked at me and said dont even think about it........... yeah right!

I will only have the two (at this stage). Cant wait to pick up the second. Will seem strange having to decide which one to wear.

Will need to get a nice box to keep them in.

Rob

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah I got the bug had to have a speedy then an automatic speedy then a vintage smp 300. I think I have finally reached a cure. Of course I could get a non-date vintage smp 300 and then there is that Apollo 11 speedy that is interesting and of course then there is..... you get the point there is no cure.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Jimmoose, what can I say........... WOW!! Now that is a nice collection. I showed the pictures to the wife and she just shook her heard saying it must be a man thing, looked at me and said dont even think about it........... yeah right!

I will only have the two (at this stage). Cant wait to pick up the second. Will seem strange having to decide which one to wear.

Will need to get a nice box to keep them in.

Rob
No....you must resist. You see, boxes are the third stage. I've never seen a two watch box. They are big and designed to hold many watches. They will have many open slots that will need to be filled. That is stage 4 of the sickness. It is the terminal stage. - David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts