WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today is a very bad day, on saturday i posted off my Chronomatic black dial, after deciding to get rid, due to the Chrono24.

Well the buyer has today received it two days late, only to have it arrive torn open and content missing apart from the yella box...

Just thought id share this with you all in case you were contemplating a purchase thats through the bay.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Bummer....

Hi Lou,

This is really bad indeed! Was it insured? I hope you can arrange something with the postal services....

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well today is a very bad day, on saturday i posted off my Chronomatic black dial, after deciding to get rid, due to the Chrono24.

Well the buyer has today received it two days late, only to have it arrive torn open and content missing apart from the yella box...

Just thought id share this with you all in case you were contemplating a purchase thats through the bay.
that's why it's better to be a paranoic like me

what you'll do next in this matter?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Forgive me my bad English, but If I understand it right, you have selled a watch and send it to the buyer. And the buyer received a emtpty box ?
Wow, that sucks...:-|
Who did the delivery, was it a parcel service like DHL, FEDEX, or so ????

Is there no insurance against such a lost ????

I hope you find a soulution....indeed a bad day... ( oops it's the 13th today... )

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

Was this UK to UK?

If not, it could have been anyone along the way. But my money's on Britain's Royal Mail - a broken shadow of the world-beating postal service it once was.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was sent Royal mail special delivery insured to £2500, and i 100% trust the service, even though i am ex Royal Mail internal investigations.

Sadly the buyer sent pics and the box is all crushed in and all the bubble wrap and travel case i sent is also missing. all thats left is the black inner box, and the external yella.

So someone is having a very nice day wearing a very nice watch... B======ds

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Lou. I hope they get the insurance sorted out quickly. Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just spoken to the buyer who states the avenger seawolf he sold on monday, has also gone missing in the postal system and was delivered to his buyer empty.

Weird isnt the word

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,946 Posts
I'm very upset for you Lou. The one thing that stands out is that the problem may be local to the buyer of your watch but on second thought that might be clutching at straws. If anyone can land a blow Lou it sounds like you have an inside track. More strength to your arm.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Lou,

Don't want to be a scaremonger but I had a horrible thought: was your return address on the package? I'm not thinking break in or anything but perhaps 'they' look out for relevant sized parcels from certain addresses? You'd obviously have a better idea of whether this was possible or feasible, given your background mate, hell, I may even be teaching my granny to suck eggs (I've never understood that phrase!) but just a nasty thought than ran through my mind.

You could get your buyer to post a ten quid watch to someone, see if it gets there?

Rik

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all your thoughts, Rik, yeah the return address was on it but they would be very stupid to follow that up at my place, unless they like hospital food for the xmas and easter period... No Prisoners...

Anyhow theres another thought that just sprung to mind, the buyer has bought it using a second ebay account with feedback value of 3, whereas his other account that hes openly shared with me is 283, and he sells a lot of watchs inc some very nice omegas.

So my point is if its not him and definatly not me then did the Breitling gods come in to this somewhere along its travels..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lou,

Please forgive my raising an uncomfortable fact but the chances of your buyer being involved in two missing watch events within a few days is very slight. Also one being inbound post and the other outbound makes a single mechanism of theft unlikely, although you will know the reality of this better than I.

Having said that, if it was insured then the postman would have been a witness to the state of the packing. I would be very uncomfortable if the package looked fine when delivered and the 'crime' was only discovered later.

I really hope that the terms of the insurance indemnify you.

Yours,

Ian

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Take heed of the tales of both Davey and Lou,
Buy an Omega and you'll end up in the poo,
Stick to your Breitlings, whatever the odds,
You don't want to mess with the fearsome gods!

(I should be in Panto. Oh no I shouldn't.)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hi Rik,
;225851 said:
Take heed of the tales of both Davey and Lou,
Buy an Omega and you'll end up in the poo,
Stick to your Breitlings, whatever the odds,
You don't want to mess with the fearsome gods!

(I should be in Panto. Oh no I shouldn't.)
LOL. I am seriously looking at a limited edition IWC. Do you think the Gods will allow that :think:

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,872 Posts

Lou, I am so sorry. That is very depressing news this holiday season. Hopefully you'll be indemnified very soon and can get past this vile act of theft. Chin up, mate. ;-)
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Cinq,

Thinking of buying an IWC?
Look out young Cinq, you'll end up in the pee!

;-)

And please don't be tempted by a flashy Tag Heuer
You'll just get the sack and lose your employer.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lou, I am so sorry. That is very depressing news this holiday season. Hopefully you'll be indemnified very soon and can get past this vile act of theft. Chin up, mate. ;-)
Cheers,
Ron
Hi Ron, before i forget i got your email request the other day and its been done.

Im more concerned about my littleun at the mo, as shes just been diagnosed with pneominia, (spell check on that one) and shes just 2, so the watch and all that is all the part of a bad week.

Thanks for everyones thoughts, and all that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope your little girl gets well soon (and the watch issue is resolved to your satisfaction).

Thats more than anyone needs at this time of year or anytime of year!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts