WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple thoughts - while I like the Chestnut band color (HR alligator), I think it might work a little better on a warmer dial/case - don't know how well the pic captures it, but this dial is kind of an icy silver that might work better with a dark color, perhaps a burgundy or black. I'll give it a few days....

And then there's the deployant. This one doesn't have release buttons - I think I might like positive release buttons better, like Bob's at Mywatchmaker.

I have other watches to move this band to (which will work real well) and I'm not out of money just yet, so the enjoyable experimenting continues. It's fun to have resources on the net, a couple tools to be able to do this myself, and you honyockers for advice. And I don't think I got the clap (see previous related thread). Best, John

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I like it John. That is my favorite color strap and I think it goes well. You can always slap a (glossy) burgundy or black one on to give it a more formal look. Looks good to me though. (Nice to hear you don't have the clap :-!, that's always a bummer.) - David

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another switcheroo....

Personally I think that guy would look great on a Black.

Ok fellas, here's another switcheroo - I put the Omega Geneve on black shiny alligator, and put the new Chestnut band on an old Accutron with a gold case and dial...boy, these color combos work well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Another switcheroo....

That black strap looks very classy!

What is the lug width on the Chestnut strap?

You could always send it to me for my Speedy.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts

I like the switcheroo, both look great! But I believe the black suits it better. Could you give us a little history and info on it, John? David

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That black strap looks very classy!

What is the lug width on the Chestnut strap?

You could always send it to me for my Speedy.

Sorry Henry, it only fits Trojan watches..... b-) 18/16. Also a nice length for my roughly 7 5/8 wrist - 120mm/78mm - it appears that most of the "normal" lengths are just a bit small for me - John

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Only fits Trojan watches?

Oh come on, John. I'll lend Henry my hole puncher, done deal? David

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I like the switcheroo, both look great! But I believe the black suits it better. Could you give us a little history and info on it, John? David
You bet, David. The silver Omega belonged to my paternal grandfather - he was definitely one of the good guys. Don't know when he bought it. And the Accutron belonged to my dad - he got it around 1972 - I plucked it out of the back of a cluttered desk, had it refurbished, and there it is. Also have his Movado that he got for HS graduation in 1944 - had that restored, put it on a nice brown alligator strap - pic below....

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Looks good on both John

Be careful or someone may accuse you of having some class. Opps, I mean clap.........glad you got that cleared up.
Both those staps look gook on either. My favoite is always the honey brown but I'm partial to black as it looks good on anything. Both
are super looking.
jim

·
Banned
6,599 Posts

You bet, David. The silver Omega belonged to my paternal grandfather - he was definitely one of the good guys. Don't know when he bought it. And the Accutron belonged to my dad - he got it around 1972 - I plucked it out of the back of a cluttered desk, had it refurbished, and there it is. Also have his Movado that he got for HS graduation in 1944 - had that restored, put it on a nice brown alligator strap - pic below....

"back of a cluttered desk?" You may remember that I found my Dad's 30+ year old Heuer in the back of his desk where it sat for over 25 years.

That just goes to show guys .... There's cool watches in them thar desks. Start digging !!!!

I think the second combo really nailed it John. You got 3 very cool watches. - David

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Wow- I always wondered what a 'honyock' was(my dad always said "Don't be such a honyock") . Now I know- apparently it's a person who hangs out on WatchUSeek- And I did turn out to be one. Guess I'll go have some donerkabab (something else from my past that has been dredged up on this forum) and a cold one.
Really like that chestnut 'gator on a warm tone dial.
Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts