WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I claimed, rather naively, that I was done for the year. As Cedric quite rightly pointed out, never say never.

Very large box. What's inside?
MNM_01.jpg

Super protected. Someone thinks its worth the extra.
MNM_02.jpg

More bubble wrap.
MNM_03.jpg

For You. Ah, you shouldn't have.
MNM_04.jpg

Sorry, just to keep the suspense going... another box.
MNM_05.jpg

Another box? This is getting stupid. Hold on! Its the MNM!
MNM_06.jpg

Top view.
MNM_07.jpg

Opening the treasure box.
MNM_08.jpg

Dear lord, another box! Boxes within boxes. A bit like dear Marshall, no one know quite who is the real one.
MNM_09.jpg

MNM_11.jpg

MNM_12.jpg

At last. Here we go.
MNM_13.jpg

And its a winner!
MNM_14.jpg

As starscream pointed out, blue is an odd choice for the backlight. Red would be the more obvious choice.
MNM_15.jpg

A lot of attention to detail.
MNM_16.jpg

MNM_17.jpg

MNM_18.jpg

MNM_19.jpg

Very nice Slim Shady sig case back.
MNM_20.jpg

MNM_21.jpg

Even the SS sig on the cushion.
MNM_22.jpg

Even the tourist warranty and manual come in their own little box.
MNM_23.jpg

MNM_24.jpg

I wasn't actually intending to get this one until I'd seen pics on here. But, rather confusingly none have turned up yet. So, being the impatient kind, I saw a deal and jumped on it. And, gotta say, it was the right thing to do. I am really impressed with this as a collaboration. There is just so much attention to detail. Apologies for all the box shots, but it really was a pleasure to work ever closer to the G inside and I wanted to try to give you a sense of what I was feeling. Also, this is for starscream who mentioned he much prefers the excitement of an unboxing to just adding it to the Incoming thread. This is not just another lazy collaboration, a lot of thought has gone into the whole package and I for one appreciate the work the designers have done to make it feel very special.

I hope you like the pics. This really is my last one of the year and I am dead impressed with it. (It really is Cedric!)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
thanks, I've been dealing with him of late, but he wasn't one I asked. I did notice he sold the MNM on rakuten.co.jp but not GLOBAL RAKUTEN.

...and agree their packaging is insane - i got the exact same packaging for 2 standard G's from them. I have enough bubble wrap to last me a year..

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't actually ask. Two units popped up on global and I snapped up one. Just lucky timing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice unboxing shots MCZK, always great pictures from you and I really like unboxing threads. I have been in hibernation ignoring all new Gs like the New ERA, Lightning Yellow and even the Eminem which I had been aiming, all to give my wallet a good break. Now that I have seen your thread.......all I can think is oh no....I'm gonna give in to temptation.

Great Watch and Great Pictures! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my fellow Singaporean ! :)

Sent from my Nuclear Submarine

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice unboxing shots MCZK, always great pictures from you and I really like unboxing threads. I have been in hibernation ignoring all new Gs like the New ERA, Lightning Yellow and even the Eminem which I had been aiming, all to give my wallet a good break. Now that I have seen your thread.......all I can think is oh no....I'm gonna give in to temptation.

Great Watch and Great Pictures! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my fellow Singaporean ! :)

Sent from my Nuclear Submarine
Thank you Wind_Talker, very kind. Merry Christmas to you too mate, have a good one.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
yes…….it's hard to resist. fantastic piece.
~~im friends with the monster thats under my bed……~~~ (The Monster feat Rihanna)
Haha that vid just came out, not a Rihanna fan but man that song has been stuck in my head. Great vid btw! I love how they featured his old vids and got him to act those out again! That was cool!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Great unboxing MCZK, and a great addition. There are some who are turned off by this piece due to it being a collaboration with a hip hop artist, but personally, the more I see it, the more "attractively black" it is. Your pics really bring out the black beauty. Congrats on a final piece for 2013.

P.S. "Never say never"!!! :)

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Congrats on your new G! I've yet to find the G-Shock that can move me to pull the trigger, but this one is very sharp looking and is tempting...

Reactions: MCZK

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Congrats on your new G! I've yet to find the G-Shock that can move me to pull the trigger, but this one is very sharp looking and is tempting...
Considering how desirable this one is and therefore how easy it would be to flip it later here in the sales forum if you did not bond with it I think you should just cave in and get it in January when it will be easy to buy. I have a feeling though that you find yourself grabbing for it more often than you thought and many of your other pieces will be feeling lonely, the force of the G is strong...:-d:-d:-d

:rodekaart:-d:-d:-d

1 - 20 of 25 Posts