WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I would buy a Casio of any kind but yes, it's true. I have a new one coming in! I never really liked the looks of G-shocks but now I'm hooked!!!

It's the AWG-101 SOLAR ATOMIC G-SHOCK. This one has it all for me - atomic, solar tough, back lit, etc and it should be here by the end of the week. :-!

I'm really looking forward this watch. It should be my everyday watch since I'm outside quite a bit and of course, weekends!

(pic courtesy of MSG Distributors - ebay)

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Congrats. Once you pop, you can't stop. Umm. Something like that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Another nice, professional-looking watch :-!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
So happy for you, congrats, but alas, I can't bring myself to like any ana-digi G-Shock models. I am a digital purist or snob... when it comes to G-Shock.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So happy for you, congrats, but alas, I can't bring myself to like any ana-digi G-Shock models. I am a digital purist or snob... when it comes to G-Shock.
Yeah, I thought just the opposite way only a few weeks ago. I wanted nothing except an 3 hand automatic with a day/date feature only. Ahhh...I've grown!! :-d

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Nice watch! I've been contemplating buying one myself after the holidays are over. Let us know what you think of it once you have had a chance to wear it a bit.

Enjoy your new toy!:-!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations! This was the first G-shock I bought as well, very nice watch.

When I received the package and opened the tin, the analogue hands spun round to the correct time as it recovered from power-saving mode; I was in awe, and felt like a kid again! Ahh, the simple pleasures :).

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice watch! I've been contemplating buying one myself after the holidays are over. Let us know what you think of it once you have had a chance to wear it a bit.

Enjoy your new toy!:-!
I will give a full account of the watch and photos, of course!

When I received the package and opened the tin, the analogue hands spun round to the correct time as it recovered from power-saving mode; I was in awe, and felt like a kid again! Ahh, the simple pleasures :).
That is way cool. b-)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

Heh, the same happened when I opened the can of my dad's WVQ600...I had no idea they did that (being a noob to Casio atomic/solars).

The other cool one for me was when I opened my 2nd hand (but still factory wrapped) GW400SF and it switched off PS mode to the correct time (for Tokyo) and date etc even though it had never been opened since it left the factory many moons before. They're pretty amazing gadgets which would have seemed unlikely even 10 years ago. b-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts