WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm back looking at Fortis. For those of you that don't know I was trying to find a Cosmo Chrono GMT earlier. Well they do exist but they are a little out of the price range right now.

So I've decided that I can probably pull either a Pilot Pro Chrono or a B42 Pilot Pro. My question is the B42 worth the extra price? I know it's 2MM bigger, and that I like. It also has the display back which I also really like and would consider having added to a the 40MM Pilot Pro. What other differences between the two?

The only downside I see to these two is the 20MM lug size that I guess I could get used to. Maybe I could take a 22MM strap and trim it at the lugs. Anyone have any ideas on that?

For reference, which ever watch I pick, will be used in flying duty. I fly helicopters so I see a fair amount of vibration and abuse in a given day. I've been using both a Doxa GMT and a recently acquired Marathon CSAR for this duty but I really want a non screw-down crown chrono. The CSAR is just a hair too large and the screw down crowns get in the way. The Doxa is the PERFECT size but no chrono so I use the diver dial for timing.

Any help, side by side photos or wrist shots would be greatly appreciated. Also if any of your fav ADs via PM would be very appreciated too. Obviously cost is a big concern as I really have no business buying another watch right now but you know how it is....:-d

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If it's a Fortis chronograph that you have your heart set to, I would go for the B42 chrono since it is equipped with a saphire crystal vs the 'Flieger' chrono's, from what I have seen, have a mineral glass crystal.
I had one with the mineral crystal and was very happy with the rest of the watch, but very dissapointed that it had such a cheap feature to it. Subsequently I sold it for that very reason.
Getting in and out of a cockpit and reaching inside access panels etc. would make me want a watch that is durable and tough to scratch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
With regards to your question go for the B-42.

Why not aim for the B-42 Cosmonaut Chronograph. The price isn't that much higher that a regular B-42 Chrono, and you would hardly notice the difference between the GMT version and the standard (Yes I know about the orange GMT marker).

The Kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts