WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently wear a Tudor North Flag on a bracelet I bought new from an AD in October 2016. The thing is, I've always wanted a Speedmaster Pro and am wondering to myself today, "why the heck didn't you buy that SMP in October?"

I've got enough where I can get the Omega if I sell or trade the North Flag. Alas, taking a hit on the depreciation of a new-bought watch is rough. Damned rough.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do it. I'm doing something similar with a Breitling Colt plus cash for a Speedmaster. Think I'm just addicted to switching watches to be honest

·
Registered
579 Posts
At this point, you are wearing something on your wrist that is worth what it's worth. Nothing can change that now, so it's best not to think about what it cost you originally.

The question is, what hunk of metal would you rather have on your wrist? If you have to choose (i.e., you can't keep both), then that's the only question you need to answer! Sounds like the answer is Speedy Pro.

Having said that, I'd buy the Speedy Pro and take a week or two to wear and compare them with each other before you sell the North Flag. You may discover that what attracted you to the North Flag in the first place is still clinging to you and opt to resell the Speedy Pro instead.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sell it and get the speedy pro. That's just me though as it's a grail watch for me. I think it's so versatile and will look classy in another 50 years.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Keep the north flag. Its a really good watch with great movement and its a bit different from the norm. You'll miss the North flag I reckon. Im one of the few that dont get the attraction of the speedy but they're easy to source and deals can be had on them so if you really want one maybe hold out and get a bit more money behind you even if it takes a few years. You never know what might come along in the meantime. You might just have to accept youre always going to want another watch. Don't feel you've bought the "wrong watch" with the NF, you've been bitten by the bug.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
If you still like the North Flag keep it and safe for a Speedy; you can buy an used Speedy well below MSRP so perhaps that way you can keep both and don't take a hit on the Tudor

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Correct. SMP = SEAmaster Pro. In any case, your calculus should be based on your need for a date. If you don't need date display, then the Speedy Pro is in play. Speedmaster hand wind is one of the great non-date icons.

BUT if you do not need a date, then it's hard to see why you wouldn't be inclined to scoop up the two-done Black Bay. Or even the all-stainless black bay black.

So then your real question is black Bay black versus speedy pro.

Accordingly: the questions you need to answer are:

date or no date
20mm vs 22mm lugs (black bay)
chronograph versus depth capacity (speedy only 50m WR)

SMP = Seamaster Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts