WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey peeps.. long time lurker here

I own a couple of watches and am a veteran Seiko 5 wearer. My first real watch that my dad gave me. A gold one. Wore it for 10 years before I broke it.
Anyway I moved onto the bigger brands for a few years having completely missed the Seiko divers selection.

After realising the 007 was such a success I ended up with Seiko Sickness lol
So now I have a SKX007k2 (jubilee bracelet) and on order is a pre-owned SKX031 with 62MAS mods (aka 31MAS)

I am hoping to ditch the bracelet of the 031 for a comfortable Nato. But which one? the market is flooded and I am lost for choice. Can anybody help? There are just so many different variants. Which is the strap of choice? which is most comfortable?

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
She's a beauty. Try Jake at 10watches.com. I've gotten a few straps from him and all are high quality and quite comfortable. Personally I prefer the 2 ring Zulu straps but his rubber straps are also nice. Also Harold/Yobokies sells an Isofrane style strap that I really like. I believe it's called the "Ploprof" in Harold-speak and is available in 20mm and 22mm.
Or you could sell me your 31MAS and not worry about any of this stuff ;)

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
The beauty of zulus and natos is that they always go with the watch, so you can't really go wrong with any of them. You just gotta pick the right strap for whatever else it is you are wearing. For starters you can't really go wrong with standard black. Maybe grey would be next. Desert Tan or a 'Bond' are other good general colors (even though there are now probably 10 stripe/color Bond options).

I have a good 15 or so Zulus and Natos sitting in a drawer, I switch them around almost on the daily. Most of my watches are 22mm so I have tons of options and variations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out that the seller was a rotten fella who refused to sell me the 31MAS - He claims he sold it elsewhere but I think he wasn't happy with the sale price
So many dishonest sellers on ebay

Anyway, I am still on the lookout.

As for Natos - which ones are the most comfortable? is there a 2nd gen of the Nato with double weave or something?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just bought a 31MAS as well. About a month ago I bid on one, to be outbid at the last moment. Immediately another ad was up by the same seller with the same photos. I figured he was jacking the price. We've probably had run into the same guy. He's still at it, BTW. I finally found another one for a much lower price.

Anyway, as for NATO/Zulu straps, I've never gone wrong with Maratac. They are, however, fairly basic so as you look to add variety/color you'll need to do some more looking around and find quality ones. I avoid Amazon/eBay, since they are shoddy at best. There are a number of reputable, quality dealers on the web though. So get a few basic ones to start you off, see what you like, and then go from there. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PM me with details of the watch you bid on and we'll compare notes

thanks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Could you guys post more pics of that mod?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts