WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, just received a MudMan bezel into which I planned to put my recently-bought DW-6900 module. All seemed to be going well until I turned it over and... well, take a look:

bezels1.jpg

bezels2.jpg

bezels3.jpg

bezels.4.jpg

My "proper" muddie is shown on the left for comparison. Obviously, from the last pic, there's something missing. What have I done wrong, folks?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I think the problem is the plastic cases are different even though they use the same module.
Think of a GW-5500 and a GW-M5600 that use the same 3063 module but have very different plastic cases.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yikes! Looks like the real Mudman has those "square" pushers that the 6900 module doesn't, I figure it's to make it mud proof.. I don't know, but are those plastic pieces removable on the real Mudman or is it built into the bezel? If they are, I wonder if you could get spares??? :-!

It's looks superb, except for that part...:-s

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I think the problem is the plastic cases are different even though they use the same module.
Think of a GW-5500 and a GW-M5600 that use the same 3063 module but have very different plastic cases.
Ditto. But, you wouldn't notice this unless the watch is off your wrist. Do you feel any free play when using the buttons? If not...wear it as it is. You're certainly not affecting the water resistance, and it looks good (from the front) :-!.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,586 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks, everyone.

Topher - no, there's no play; it's nice and snug! If it's okay water-wise then that's fine for me.
Sjors - I should have guessed that you had been there already!
Buzzbait - I just didn't know what to call the bit between the module and the bezel!

If Topher's right then all I need now is a proper original strap for it. I may wait until my hen's teeth arrive...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Smart,

Unfortunately the cases of the Classic Mudman and DW-6900 are not the same. I already found out in 2006.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=37747&highlight=mudman+dw-6900+bezel+swap

The modules are the same, but the case of the DW-8400 is made to fit the bezel perfectly.

Cheers,

Sjors
Hey, Sjors - I've read your previous post about this. At least my 6900 case fits well inside the 8400 bezel...

Sorry about the Dutch football team, by the way; I thought nobody would beat them this year!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,586 Posts
Sorry about the Dutch football team, by the way; I thought nobody would beat them this year!
Ha ha, I think that 16 million Dutch people thought the same (though Guus had coached a miracle team before).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...all I need now is a proper original strap for it. I may wait until my hen's teeth arrive...
...unless anyone knows where I can get one now!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yikes! Looks like the real Mudman has those "square" pushers that the 6900 module doesn't, I figure it's to make it mud proof.. I don't know, but are those plastic pieces removable on the real Mudman or is it built into the bezel? If they are, I wonder if you could get spares??? :-!
It's looks superb, except for that part...:-s
hi GB2G!
I recently managed to get a replacement bezel from Marco (was the last piece I was told) for a friend. The square pushers as well the the pusher over the light button are of a softer rubber-like material but seems to have been moulded together with the harder bits so they are not removable without breaking them. Its very much like that of the Raysman and they're the part of the bezel that tends to break first. Maybe that's why Casio discontinued with this style of mud-resistant buttons as they weren't durable.:-(
Regards,
Lee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts