WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I am after purchasing an Oris Pro Diver Chronograph. I have noticed that there is two on the Oris websie. I have been told by an OD that the new one was released at Basel this year.

Would it be better to see if i can get the new one, or search around for the old model? and does anybody know what the differences are.

Many thanks............Rob (also my first post) :):)|>

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I don't know whether one is old and one is new, but what I do notice (aside from the slight difference in the design of the sub-dials and markers) is that they're using two different movements. One is the Oris 774 (base Selitta SW500) and the other uses the Oris 674 (base ETA 7750). I'm assuming the Selitta version is the newer version of the two.

As far as quality or accuracy comparisons go, there wouldn't be any appreciable difference. Most people with the newer Selitta movements have been extremely pleased with the accuracy and reliability of them.

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
Other than the visible cosmetic changes which can be seen from the pics on the Oris web site the old version uses the Oris 674 movement based on the ETA 7750 whereas the newer one uses the Oris 774 movement based on the Sellita SW500. Accuracy wise if the SW500 proves to be only half as good as the SW200-1 in my ProDiver Date it will be pretty good. I have noticed that many U.K. shops with stocks of the old style PDC are selling them off at sale prices so if you decide to go for this model shop around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice picture Roberto, thanks for that. I don't know if it is my eyesight, the newer model appears to have a slightly larger crystal, and a slightly slimmer bezel!!

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
Hi Rob, the new PDC is reputed to have a narrower bezel than the old model but has retained the huge 51mm diameter so the dial must be a bit larger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Rob, the new PDC is reputed to have a narrower bezel than the old model but has retained the huge 51mm diameter so the dial must be a bit larger.
Thanks for that Sticky. I will post a few pics when i get it, hopefully by the weekend, I just ordered the new one :)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Any update on the changes other than cosmetic? I actually prefer the looks of the original as the larger bezel is more bling on an already large dial and the hour markers are what Oris is known for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts