WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys- I found in a drawer here a Casio analog/digital dive watch I've owned since 1990 or so.. The battery is kaput of course, the resin band broken (I guess they harden/crack with age), and also the minute hand has come loose and will rotate freely around the watch dial (I hope it's just loose and not totally broken up inside!) I think it might just be the hand loose on the spindle, because I can pull the crown out and set the watch, and the minute hand moves without slipping unless the watch is jarred)..

I know this watch is not a G-shock, and at a rated 100m is not technically a dive watch either.. But, it would be neat to get it going again if possible. The watch is a Casio AQ-100W (movement = 358)

Any ideas on how to fix (or have this watch fixed?) Here is a pic:
[image]
[/image]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think there's a specialized tool you will need in order to put the hand back on the spindle properly, without damaging anything. Probably not worth buying it if this is your only watch - any jeweler can probably do it for a few bucks.

Batteries are an easy fix - see the sticky (at the top of the page, under the 'how-to' section).

By the way, you can also buy these pretty cheaply brand new (or a very similar model), if you just want another functional watch.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had one almost identical to this, but I can't remember the model#. I didn't keep it long.

I think I got it from 4-watches, was about £20. they don't seem to have them at the moment though.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The module can be removed from the case - you have to find a little button that says 'push' and, while pressing it, kinda twist the crown. Once the crown is out you can remove the stem and the module will fall out. Problem is that revolving hand - you probably will have to have somebody put it back on for you.

And I'll probably catch some flack for saying this but 100M is perfectly acceptable as a waterproof rating for a dive watch. Many divers never approach that depth. I have an article from a dive magazine circa 1980/81 that specifically mentions Casio watches (the Marlin style - 100M) being used by dive instructors.

Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had one almost identical to this, but I can't remember the model#. I didn't keep it long.

I think I got it from 4-watches, was about £20. they don't seem to have them at the moment though.

My mistake; it wasn't identical, it had a illuminator-face (the face glows, the hour markers were black), and it wasn't from 4-watches it was iYork_com. The only thing I got right was the approximate price...

The model number is
AQ130W-1E1V.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts